Orion Blue Book

JCturboT

Guys,

I just purchased a 24 hour pass on the Orion Blue Book pages-about 21 hours left.

I was checking the value of my recent purchases which should be here within the week (don't ask-especially you Craig, as I ain't tellin' 2.gif ).

If anyone wants to know their components value just ask and I'll get back to you on this page.

Jeff

Could you price the following components for me. All should be in the Audio Section.

DBX TX-1 Tuner

DBX CX-1 A/V Preamplifier

DBX 3BX-DS Processor

DBX 120X-DS Processor

DBX 200XG Route Selector

Sansui D-79R Cassette Deck

ADC SS-315X Equalizer

Onkyo TX-906 Receiver

Thanks I would appreciate it big time.

That book is worthless, and is only used by retailers to determine trade in value.

As far as I'm concerned -- it's whatever the market can handle. What people are paying, or willing to pay for the product is in fact it's true value.

----------------

On 8/4/2003 12:04:38 PM Frzninvt wrote:

Could you price the following components for me. All should be in the Audio Section.

DBX TX-1 Tuner $110/$65

DBX CX-1 A/V Preamplifier $275/170

DBX 3BX-DS Processor $190/110

DBX 120X-DS Processor $150/$90

DBX 200XG Route Selector $55/$33

Sansui D-79R Cassette Deck $29/$17

ADC SS-315X Equalizer $23/$13

Onkyo TX-906 Receiver $120/$65

Thanks I would appreciate it big time.
----------------

Frzninvt,

Here you go-the first price represents Used list price while the second is Mint wholesale as if traded in to a dealer.The first price is the actual "street price".

----------------

On 8/4/2003 12:27:03 PM garymd wrote:

I'd be interested in what it says the value of a Kenwood kr-9600 receiver and Pioneer sx-1980 receiver. Thanks.
----------------

Gary,

Kenwood KR-9600 $210/$120

Pioneer SX-1980 $1200/750 !!!

I don't know if that price on the Pioneer is a misprint so I checked out an SX-1280 $375/$220.

I never seen a SX-1980 go for that much,even on e-bay where the prices run amuck.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I do agree with Dean however, alot of their pricing is not even close. Most of their descriptions of the items are poor at best. As stated it is merely a guide line. I certainly would not pay for one of their books, but I have paid like $10 for 10 lookups before when I cannot find similar items on eBay, AudioGon, AudioWeb, or AudioReview.

Guys,

Those prices are truely on the low side but I wanted to find out the value of my new components so I took the plunge.

Actually while I was on the site I checked out my Brothers Nakamichi Series 7 components (PA-7/CA-7A/ST-7/OMS-5/CR-7A) and it checked out to about $2K.Not too far from street value the CR

-7A cassette deck alone was worth $800.00 !!

He scored a good deal-bought from the original owner with original shipping boxes,remotes,and owners manuals for $1600.00 including shipping.

Jeff

The Nakamichi Series 7 System is one of the best! Back when Nakamichi was in there heyday. Now they should be renamed to Cacamichi! Killer deal he got for that system. Not sure if the series II versions of those components were any better or not. Thanks again for the lookups.

Here is one for you.

I'm not prone to this kind of thing, but I did once take my mint, and I mean MINT Colt Peacekeeper to a pawn shop once for a short term loan. I was in the middle of trying to get my credit staightened out, and didn't want to get a regular loan because I knew it would drop my credit score -- so off I went.

At the time, the particular handgun was being issued by the Colt Custom Shop for over $3000 -- so I figured I would have no problem getting $600 for a month or so. I get there and the fellow whips out this book, looks at me and says: "I can give you $120".

I guess gun value at a pawn shop is determined by whether or not you can really do some damage with it at the corner Stop and Shot.

----------------

On 8/4/2003 12:51:55 PM JCturboT wrote:

----------------

On 8/4/2003 12:27:03 PM garymd wrote:

I'd be interested in what it says the value of a Kenwood kr-9600 receiver and Pioneer sx-1980 receiver. Thanks.
----------------

Gary,

Kenwood KR-9600 $210/$120

Pioneer SX-1980 $1200/750 !!!

I don't know if that price on the Pioneer is a misprint so I checked out an SX-1280 $375/$220.

I never seen a SX-1980 go for that much,even on e-bay where the prices run amuck.

Jeff

----------------

Occasionally the 1980 goes for over $1k on ebay in mint condition. I've seen $1200 before. I'm suprised how low everything else is compared to the 1980! The kenwood is a great receiver and worth more than what they state. In great condition they go way past $200 on ebay.