Oh yeah... Aug is going to be a good month for movies

m00n

Yeah, overall it has been a good year for movies, I agree! Gonna suck when there is no more LOTR movies coming out next year. Closest thing we may have is Harry Potter, it aint LOTRs by a long shot but they are still good movies.

----------------

On 8/6/2003 10:19:07 AM m00n wrote:

Closest thing we
may
have is Harry Potter, it aint LOTRs by a long shot but they are still good movies.

----------------

A month ago I would have gagged reading that. But I saw both Harry Potter books and liked them so much that I have purchased the entire Harry Potter series!

----------------

On 8/6/2003 10:32:52 AM justin_tx_16 wrote:

----------------

On 8/6/2003 10:19:07 AM m00n wrote:

Closest thing we
may
have is Harry Potter, it aint LOTRs by a long shot but they are still good movies.

----------------

A month ago I would have gagged reading that. But I saw both Harry Potter books and liked them so much that I have purchased the entire Harry Potter series!

----------------

I admit it. I've listened to the whole series on tape (3 hours of commuting a day). I'm about half way done the newest book although I can't seem to get into it like the others. Maybe it's because I've got a lot on my mind right now. I've been listening to books on tape for 15 years now and some are just amazing. If anyone needs a recommendation for a long trip or during their commute to work send me a pm and I'll give you some good ones to try. The libraries have them all. It's really great. I've listened to at least 500 books I never would have had time to read otherwise.

----------------

On 8/6/2003 11:23:54 AM m00n wrote:

My wife has been getting into books on CD lately herself. She seems to enjoy them. She doesn't have a 3 hour commute each day though but she likes it.

----------------

Moon,

Let me know what kind of books she likes and I'll give her some great ideas. Also, Frank Muller is BY FAR the best reader ever. I'd rather listen to him than read it myself.

My father used to commute to N.Y.C. 4 hours a day for nearly 25 years. That meant getting on a train at 7 AM and getting off at 7 PM. and passing the time by reading most of the popular NY papers during the trip. Now that he is retired he still reads the papers everyday but rarely leaves the house. I wonder why? He he he he

• 2 weeks later...

Moon,

LOTR Two Towers DVD is amazing,purchased it friday.All I can say I WOW on my two HT systems its special effect nirvana with bass effects and overall sound effects so good its scary.Plus the picture and visuals are first rate.

LOTR it just does not get much better then this.

Now waiting for the super duper DTS edition to come out.For even better audio. 9.gif

Watched Chicago tonight. I was really surprised I didn't want to see this in the theaters. I love musicals. The movie was truly a work of art. Even with so much crap from Hollywood, they got this one right. It was truly impressive and I just loved the way everything worked together.