how can i get mpre bass???? (please help)

blake_mooney

how can i get more bass from my klipsh duel 8" pro media sub???? (like positioning the sub or modding it some how i mean something that doesnt cost money....) i have it in the corner of my room already on a carpeted floor in a mid sized room.... is there ANYTHING i can do to get more bass to come from it? (and i have it maxed out to 15 for sub level).... any help would be GREATLY appreciated1.gif

(oh and would putting a big flat piece of wood in the corner underneath my sub make it sound any better?)

----------------

On 8/6/2003 9:15:28 PM blake_mooney wrote:

how can i get more bass from my klipsh duel 8" pro media sub???? (like positioning the sub or modding it some how i mean something that doesnt cost money....) i have it in the corner of my room already on a carpeted floor in a mid sized room.... is there ANYTHING i can do to get more bass to come from it? (and i have it maxed out to 15 for sub level).... any help would be GREATLY appreciated
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif">

(oh and would putting a big flat piece of wood in the corner underneath my sub make it sound any better?)

----------------

The main thing you can do is placement. I know you said it's in a corner already, but if it isn't already, put it in a corner that's closest to the listening position.

You can also add polyfill inside the enclosure. If you stuff it, just make sure not to block the back of the drivers, cover the amp, or block the port. Doing this will make it like the woofers are in a slightly larger enclosure, and it should give a tiny bit more low end extension. The difference will not be huge, but it should be noticeable. You can buy a 20oz(way more than enough) bag at Walmart for $2. Since you said you didn't want to spend any money, you can find the same stuff inside pillows or comforters. If you have some old ones that aren't being used, tear them open and have at it.

----------------

On 8/7/2003 7:23:03 PM fabulousfrankie wrote:

----------------

On 8/6/2003 9:15:28 PM blake_mooney wrote:

how can i get more bass from my klipsh duel 8" pro media sub???? (like positioning the sub or modding it some how i mean something that doesnt cost money....) i have it in the corner of my room already on a carpeted floor in a mid sized room.... is there ANYTHING i can do to get more bass to come from it? (and i have it maxed out to 15 for sub level).... any help would be GREATLY appreciated
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif">

----------------

The main thing you can do is placement. I know you said it's in a corner already, but if it isn't already, put it in a corner that's closest to the listening position.

You can also add polyfill inside the enclosure. If you stuff it, just make sure not to block the back of the drivers, cover the amp, or block the port. Doing this will make it like the woofers are in a slightly larger enclosure, and it should give a tiny bit more low end extension. The difference will not be huge, but it should be noticeable. You can buy a 20oz(way more than enough) bag at Walmart for $2. Since you said you didn't want to spend any money, you can find the same stuff inside pillows or comforters. If you have some old ones that aren't being used, tear them open and have at it.

----------------

ok i'll try the polyfill but please explane to me like im retarded what parts of the enclosure not to cover....

He said it... "If you stuff it, just make sure not to block the back of the drivers, cover the amp, or block the port."

By the way, what kind of power do you want more? More low bass extension or more punch (or more overall bass) ? Because adding polyfill can only help you to get a bit more extension (deeper bass) but you will not gain any "overall" SPL, not more mid-bass. The sub will not punch you more because you will add some polyfill...

Firepinch has a point... and you might want to reduce extension if you are only after SPL.

Apart from corner loading it and sitting in a resonant peak area of the room (a use of a SPL meter), your sub can only move so much air before distorting. It's just a question of physics...

Enjoy the music, work hard, and save up... as you'll eventually have to put some money into it to get an appreciable improvement.

Rob