The best 5.1 computer speakers??

TheEliteOne

The ProMedia 5.1 Ultra (coming September) is probably the best, next would be the old ProMedia 5.1 (phasing out), when connected to a good 5.1 sound card.

VideoLogic, no longer around, used to make the best as far as sound quality goes, but they were bought out and they went down hill.

justin,

on the new 5.1 ultra: can i hook it up as the a/v center for tv & dvd? i'm trying to put together something for my folks & they don't want to spend a fortune. what i see initially is an opportunity for this to be their main setup. they primarily watch tv. they want something small & unobstrusive. what do you think?

blue sky audio would make better than any klipsch comp speakers, though those are really intended more for studio work, and cost like 3 times as much, but incase you're interested www.abluesky.com . I have seen these set up with comp systems a few times for recreational use and they kick ***. a real subwoofer, and good sized sats.

Sorry, someome hand me a "cold 1", best out of the box, I own a 2.1 with my laptop...OUCH 10.gif

it starts with a K......

IMO, no other ProMedia even comes close, oh yes, even their 5.1's for $100 and the dollar range.

my thought...done deal..just replace the "studio monitors" with some 1/2 assed bookshelves, Monitor Audio S1's eh...10.gif