A Hijacking - Kinda/Sorta

lynnm

Allan Songer started a thread that I believe should become a regular feature for the forum: Anyone enjoying listening to MUSIC these days?

I have enjoyed dropping by from time to time to suggest great stuff and have benefitted from the experience of others.

As did Jonathon Swyft I make " A Modest Proposal: "

When one of us has a desire to share our delight ( or decided undelight ) with a recording whether analogue or digital -We do so in that thread.

I recognise that at one time such a topic area actually existed and died from lack of nourishment. Perhaps if sufficient interest were shown in this thread the Webmaster might consider a rerun.

Please do not reply to this post with suggestions re: music - Those should be posted in Allan's thread. If you have thoughts positive or negative re: my suggestion please feel free to comment here.

I like the idea. But may I suggest, as I always try to do, to state the Label and ID of the album? And the medium? Especially in this forum it isn't safe to assume everyone is buying CD's.

Even if it is out of print, it's useful to have complete info if a person wants to hunt something down. It's also useful for folks to be able to tell if it's a version they have.

Dave

There is a forum, in the Entertainment section, called "DVD's, Music and Movies," which I assume is for this purpose. I have spent a bit of time talking to myself down there. It might be better to divide the music from the movies, eh?

fini

True...it's too easy to just read one forum....I've been down to the other forums but it didn't last long. You want to post your tunes ideas there but feel it won't get the readership.

In recent days one could download and sample the suggestions before buying but today I don't think I would want to open my music disk to the public due to the crack down. I wish there was a way to share sampler discs and not just lists.

allmusic.com is a great site where you can read a review about an artist or album and then hit links to similar or essential recordings of that gendre.

Possibly it is just me, but I usually read the forum several times a day and I always use the Posted Today tab, so to me it does not matter where you post it at, how if I may ask do you guys use the forum?

I have made several great discoveries on what you guys (and two lovely ladies) are listening to!