Speaker Recommendation?

FirebirdTN

Hi all,

I posted here a couple months ago. I had purchased a new home, and am in the process of building my HT setup.

First off, I don't have good luck when it comes to electronics. Everything I buy usually breaks shortly after thw warranty expires...No joke!

Secondly, I am not rich at all...actually quite poor I guess LOL. Anyway, I am looking for something SMALL. After purchasing a set of pro-media 4.1s I was so impressed with the sound quality, I was dead set on the Quintet IIs in silver. Those 4.1s sounded better than my home stereo system at the time. Since I have had such bad luck with electronics, and since getting the new house, I got the itch for all new stuff, so I sold virtually everying I had. Anyway, all my new components are silver, so I wanted something to match.

Here is the problem...I can't find ANYONE who is both an authorized Klipsch dealer that stocks the Quintets in silver. I have tried for a couple months now. Klipsch gave me the phone number for my regional rep, but he is always GONE. Can't reach him. I have tried dealers within a 500 minle radius of here.

I have already ran the wiring, and have wall plates strategically placed around the living room to accomodate the new speakers. They are located just below the ceiling. This is why I am wanting small.

So...since I can't find the Quintet IIs....whats a good alternative that is in about the same price range and are silver and sound decent?

The receiver that they are going to be hooked to are a Sony STR-DA1000. So, I will need 7 sats, plus a sub (I know the sub probably won't be in silver...no biggie, but would like the sats to be silver at least).

Just wondering...those new reference series...Just how expensive are those??? They look as if they are outta my price range, LOL!

Thanks,

-Alan

Oh, yeah...If you have a suggestion, please AUTHORIZED dealers only...I value the warranties, even if I have to pay full price...I have THAT bad of luck when it comes to electronics...I need the warranty coverage!

The Quintets are great for the price. I think they are worth hunting for especially if you are on a budget. Dont' forget to get a KSW-10 or KSW-12 Subwoofer to go with it. I run this in my bedroom and its great for what they are. easy to hang, easy to repair if you have spare parts, and kicks the living crap out of the bose acoustimass stuff.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I was starting to get distraught...

Because of the way I want to place the speakers, I need a small lightweight set, and not being able to find the Quintets, was about to (reluctantly) start considering the Bose.

I have auditioned some other speakers at Circuit City and Best buy, and just haven't been impressed with anything they have...

When I purchased the 4.1 Promedias, it was quite a suprise. This was my introduction to Klipsch. Needless to say, I am VERY impressed with their products.

But if worse comes to worse, I may go for that new reference series setup. I will just have to buy them a pair at a time if I go that route. Those just seem "too nice" for the receiver I have chosen to purchase.

-Alan

I think you will need to be around $600-650 to be the winning bidder on this guy. I have followed the Quintet/KSW sub packages on Ebay. Usually they sell for around 570, so if you want to win it, you have to be above that.

I got my quintets on Ebay. They were sold by a guy who is no longer a authorized dealer. I got the speakers for 255.00. Good price for awesome sound.

I found this setup on the web and you can chose Silver as well:

http://www.sounddistributors.com/buynow.asp?action=detail&prid=567&crid=86&cat_name=Klipsch+Speakers

Its the Quintet II Silver and the RW-10 in black. Looks like a great deal at 699.00. If I knew this was going to be available in a few months, I would have waited and got this package instead of my Quintet/KSW-12 package.

Lo and behold, the DAY following my post, I got a call from my closest dealer that just got them in stock! Whaaahoooo

I won't be picking them up until next week (closest dealer to me is an hour drive), and all I am getting at this time is the set of 5.

Now all I have to do is find a dealer that will part the sets out, because I will need two additional satellites for the rear...If worse comes to worse, I will pick up two sats from klipsch's parts department...

Anyway, I do have one question for Quintet owners. Does the center channel come with any kind of mounting hardware?

I have a "cutout" above my fireplace that was designed to accomodate the TV. I have my TV in place, which fits pretty snug (only a half inch gap or less on the sides of the TV in the cubby), but I have a 6" tall gap above the TV which would be PERFECT to mount the center channel. I know the sats come with a mount, but not sure about the center.

Thanks!

-Alan