OFF TOPIC/W ILLUSION

davmar

It was a great night to look at the stars, no street lights to take away the beauty of the moon and all those stars.

It was just like camping when I was much younger near Buckhorn. Definitely a weird feeling when it is quiet, dark and I can see every star in the sky and I live in a city.

Today, I threw out three garbage bags of food from the fridge and freezer that did not survive 26 hours without electricity, oh well.10.gif

don't take this wrong but that looks like a fake photo. why is the blackout area darker than the atlantic ocean? also, there were some areas with power in the black region. looks like a guy blacked the area out with photoshop. tony

teriffic picture. I have it as wallpaper.

Lordy... I hate to see what WAS used as wallpaper before that! heh...

Leo, I just thought of something interesting regarding running one 6SN7 tube (using both halves instead of two tubes). One of the sonic improvements that I personally noticed was NOT running two of the same kind of 6SN7. I had read this in that 6SN7 Comparison AA long ago, and really found it true via the Moondogs. I got a big improvement by running the 60s Sylvania 6SN7WGT INTO either the CBS 5692 or, better yet, the Sylvania 5692. Running both of either one of these tubes was not a productive musically, the difference being subtle but noticable. This would be the one disadvantage to running one tube with both sides as the two diff tubes were almost like the difference between going to the RCA 2A3 Blackplater from the Sovtek.

Interestingly, I much preferred the Sylv feeding the 5692 over the other way around.

kh

Older wallpaper was the Basis 1400, which will soon return.

Loss of 6SN7 flexibility was a tradeoff w/ 6SN7 economy. Also, 2 stages of the same tube may exaggerate a particular tube's sonic contribution. It may be one reason I'm finding the 6SN7 selection to have so much impact on the amps' voicing.

leok