Have some new computer speakers, can I ATTACH the sub to my desk?

kenratboy

OK, I got a new Logitech sub/sat system for free. It sounds really good for computer speakers, but wonder if I can tweak the bass. Has anyone ever attached the subwoofer to the desk to up bass output? The computer (the computer is the box itself) is on the floor, so I am not worried about my hard drive. Any ideas?

Reguardless, very impressive for free. Logitech Z-340's.

LOL

The Z340 uses a 5" woofer,the dual chamber cabinet houses the 8" PR you see.

This "sub" may look like a Sunfire Super Junior but its not capable of shaking much more beyond a feather.

You can even glue the bass module to your desk,your chair or your cranium it will not help much.This "sub" is flawed by design.

Sorry to be so direct

Yes a bass module could...if it was doing 130db 3.gif rofl just messin Ear.

But yes, the only MM subwoofer talk we allow in here, is the Promedia 5.1 and Promedia 5.1 Ultra subs. Because they have accual "depth" with decent slam for the cost.

**Busts out SunFire Signature, and soon to have SVS PB2 Subwoofer** 30hz anyone 2.gif Sunfire gives me a damn stomach ache after a few mins at 30hz. Gahhh...

yeah, you guys aren't very helpfull....he asks a ligit question and you brag about your equipment and put his down, whats that? lol. but seriously, I don't think it would be worth it. technically you would gain performance because you wouldn't have as many cabnit vibratinos, but than it's permanantly stuck to your desk, and the performance increase might not even be noticeable.

I'm with the 101 Pro-DJs on this one.... I don't think screwing it to the desk will provide a large benefit... apart from vibrating your fingers on the keyboard... 2.gif Actually screwing to the chair as THEears joked about would probably have a bigger effect... similar to a bass-shaker with a series of dangerous tangling wires... 9.gif

Later...

Rob

PS: is it ME, but my tYPing seems a liTtLe off t00night?

----------------

On 8/22/2003 10:38:05 PM prodj101 wrote:

yeah, you guys aren't very helpfull....he asks a ligit question and you brag about your equipment and put his down, whats that? lol. but seriously, I don't think it would be worth it. technically you would gain performance because you wouldn't have as many cabnit vibratinos, but than it's permanantly stuck to your desk, and the performance increase might not even be noticeable.

----------------

Alright, Alright...I appologize lol. Anyhoo Yuo prob. would get less cabinet vibrations, and being attached to a wooden desk, you get that neat vibrating sensation easier.

It wont hurt your computer, I say just leave it on the floor.

I had the Z-640s for a while, cost me like 30 bucks after a rebate, I dunno about ear saying these "subs" wont rattle a feather, because it had a tendency to move the stuff on my desk on occasion.

No more of these "Haha you got that? I have a 20k sub, blahblahblahblah" it really pisses some people off.

ProDj,

To all LoudTech Z(for Zoro)340 users.

Get two long wood screws and screw the MOFO boom cube under the chair.Then sit on the rocking chair(WATCH OUT! the srews may be sticking!),then if you did not screw yourself with the screws...

Play the Snoop Dogg's What's My Mame at full jam,and taste the woofa burping.Then follow up with my fave 2Pac tune There U Go,if the woofer is still kicking out the jam just end the Z340 misery with 2Pac's What'cha Gonna Do.Remember to leave the little bass gain MAXED.

11.gif

Then if you still feel the Z340 is a REAL SUBWOOFER try some pipe orgam music and listen to the awe inspiring bottom notes.Now the Z340 should be smoking,like a chimney.

LOL