Klipsch rw-12 vs paradigm ps-1000

simplyso

Lets look at the Paradigm MegaMessBandPass 1000 sub.

For HT and mindless boom boom with little definition the PS1000 does an admirable job.If you want to listen to non stop define-less bass with boom to get you evicted from a cave be my guest.

Not to sound like a anti Paradigm,Paradigm makes two great subwoofers the PW2200 and the Servo15.Definition and power combined,these two are ported and sealed designs,not band pass repulsive.

All the band pass subs I ever heard all shared the same quality,read MAJOR FLAW.They all smear and lack definition of direct radiating woofers(ported or sealed).

I did not hear the RW12 yet,but having the RSW series I can certify you get much better definition and good output with the RW series.I even prefer the boomy KSW12 to the PS1000/1200 subs.You can tame the boom,you cannot extract good definition from the PS1000/1200 no matter how much you stuff,modge dodge smudge podge the woofer the amp and the AC wire. LOL

I agree with Oogins, for the price a good deal, the RSW12 will cost you between $1500-1700 at a good price, twice as much, yet, twice the sub, your decision, go BIG or stay home eh.....10.gif

You haven't mentioned your speaker setup, that alone is worthy of consideration 2.gif

It is not the rsw 12 that I am looking at it is the rw 12 and I got a price today for it 740 + tax canadian. My setup consists of rf-35s for the front and an rc-35. I still need to buy some rear surrounds and a sub. Iam going to upgrade my panasonic reciever and dvd player to a denon 2803 or a 3803 soon along with a denon dvd player(not sure which one). I should have it all within a couple of months.

I don't think alot of people have had a chance to audition a RW12 (not the RSW) seeing that it's so new... especially not in a side-by-side comparison. As was mentioned in other threads, it's marketing position will be in-between the KSW and the RSW series of the same size driver.

I have heard the PW2200 and it's a really nice sub, and it isn't in the same category as the PS1000 (or the KSW12 for that matter). In the store demo I heard, I found it sounded great compared to the B&W which was more than double the price... and a true bargain if you ask me.

Unfortunately not many stores carry both Klispch and Paradigm.

Rob

The Paradigm PW2200 is a great inexpensive subwoofer,I cannot understand some complaining about price.It can be had for under $800 CANADIAN.

I returned my PW2200 because of very audible mechanical(sourround!)noise at very high SPL below 25Hz.I think my unit was defective...went to a HGS18 anyway at that time.Later heard the Revel B15 and also got that beast.For me a large HT sub must be capable of very high SPL with almost no mechanical noise.