Confused... I got the RF-5's but are they not good for my room?!

Taylorbaby

your room is pleaty big enough, a hint, position them along the long wall, this allows for better imaging space them off the rear wall to your liking, and toe them in to your liking, experiment, and listen, you will see after a few minor adjustments they will knock your socks off. too big? not12.gif

I agree with everyone else...don't get rid of your present Klipsch. But at least give a listen to the other loudspeakers the salesman brings to you, and if you hear a positive improvement, then consider his offer.

But personally, I'd keep the RF-5s, and experiment with the placement if you can. Your room may not be too big, but I've seen larger Klipsch in even smaller rooms...mine, as a matter of fact! My large Cornwalls fit nicely into my spare bedroom/office, and sound pretty damn good too, but someday I'd like to relocate them into my much larger living room.

Just a note...I've forgotten just how small many European rooms are! I used to live in Ludwigsburg, Germany, and the last apartment I lived in during my 3 years spent there (with the US Army) wasn't much bigger than your entire bedroom (basically one room with a tiny bathroom and kitchen attached). Also noticed your guitar; is it a Taylor?

Been to Amsterdam and Einhoven...Holland is beautiful, especially in the springtime!2.gif

Thread from hell.

Don't let that idiot salesman into your house.

Keep the RF-5's, and start saving for RB-5's for the rear, and an RSW-12 for the sub. The RC-3 II will work for the center. Total cost will be a lot, but at least it will be done right. Buy a little at a time.

----------------

On 8/27/2003 11:34:03 AM Bill H. wrote:

Hi- I may be stepping off the clift, but Brand Names has the RB 3's for 429.00 a Pair USD, (if i am looking at the correct item....)

I didn't realize you were Quoting Europen Prices! I knew prices were higher, overseas -wow! netherlands

----------------

yeah.. but brandnamez.com is not a authorized dealer. If he is dealing with a store, most likely he is dealing with authorized dealer.

My point is when comparing prices.. compare "authorized" prices to "authorized" price and "non authorized" prices to "non authorized" prices.

----------------

On 8/27/2003 3:09:12 PM Taylorbaby wrote:

The salesman told me also that a subwoofer isnt good for anything using the RF5's He told me that I just need front, rear and center speaker and thats it. but i guess a subwoofer is highly recommended?!

So I think i will let the salesman and come, hook anything up he wants and i he can blow me away with the little speakers, and i fall in love with the 5.1 setup... maybe.. just maybe I will give them my RF5's.. it never hurts to listen ;-)

If.. i will keep my rf5's what rear speakers/center-speaker do you recommend to me? i prefer little speakers rear. And what type of subw? what will be the total price ticket for a rear/center/woofer?

----------------

IMO, the salesman has his opinions like everyone else. I wouldn't think of not having a subwoofer, but thats me. Since you are the customer, you choose what you like best. I personally like 5.1 music. I know alot of people would swear at it as it was the end of the world. But if setup corectly, live recordings are especially wonderful. I find its best to have the surrounds on the side of the sitting position. This setup is much better for 5.1 music. Still, its best to let your ears decide.

----------------

Also noticed your guitar; is it a Taylor?

----------------

YEP you've got that right! Its a Baby Talor. Actually its the first Baby Taylor made in the factory of Bob Taylor in the US! I also got a full-sized guitar the Taylor 420MA. I love Taylor's! You got a Taylor or?

No, I don't own a guitar; I can't play one.15.gif But I now work at a musical instrument retailer and I see lots of acoustic/classical guitars from Taylor, Gibson, Martin, Dobro, Fernandez, Takamine, Ibanez, Tacoma, Ovation, Fender, Yamaha, etc.

taylor baby, think some of us are just jealous of your RF-5 9.gif

RF-5 definitely will be better than RF-3, but the question is "can you sacrifice 5.1 for a better 2 channel music entertainment? and can you wait till you save enough for the other expensive speakers matching your RF-5 ?" In the long run, I think most of us would agree to keep the RF-5. But, if you really want the 5.1 HT, then I think RF-35 is not bad. I do have to agree that 5.1 is MUCH better than 2 channel when watching those action movies, but for plain music, I still stick to 2 channels.