New System Pics

arthurs

WOW! Simply incredible.

I've got to admit that I'm a little jealous. I have dreams of having a Nautilus home theatre with Classé electronics. I heard this combo at my B&W dealer, nothing short of amazing. Right now I have B&W 600 series speakers with an NAD receiver. I'm working my way up. 1.gif

replaced RF-7's, RC-7, and RB-5II's. I listened to a ton of speakers and these just were the best to my ears. Listened to Vandersteen, ML, Revel, Paradigm, Veritas, KEF, Mcintosh, Von Schweikert, too many to remember, bothover time and purposefully as I began my search. The B&W's voice is just perfect for my ears and I fell in love with them over 2 or 3 listening sessions. Still loved my Klipsch, still have my subs, but I had the opportunity to change my system so I did. Very happy with the sound I'm getting now and still breaking it all in and tweaking.

Nope, sold the 7's to a friend. Let me caveat my differences opinions by saying they are only mine, and do not favor either speaker over the other, I love them both. I can tell you between RF-7 and B&W N802 the RF-7 is more lively and dynamic, more in your face for live music for instance, and of course easier to drive. The B&W's have better build quality, are far more detailed and spacious, go lower and higher with no strain in the music or movie, reallllyy slam the room when you drive them, and will force you to upgrade your amp. That's beyond the significant price difference in the speakers as well.

I said in another post it's the difference between a Viper and a top-of-the-line Mercedes, both fantastic, for very different reasons. I'm very happy with the Nautilus and glad I made the switch, but will probably own Klipsch again someday.

I'm glad to hear you ended up with the system of your preference. I assume it sounds darn good being pushed by that Krell......Never heard one but every time the "K" word pops up around here everything falls silent and air is filled solemn respect.... Wait a minute, Khorn starts with a K too.......

----------------

On 9/6/2003 5:26:33 PM Beesley wrote:

I'm glad to hear you ended up with the system of your preference. I assume it sounds darn good being pushed by that Krell......Never heard one but every time the "K" word pops up around here everything falls silent and air is filled solemn respect.... Wait a minute, Khorn starts with a K too.......

----------------

Krell is translated in English as "greatness"

• 4 weeks later...

Ok without technoboble.. LOL.. E.G. keep it simple.

What are your likes, and or dislikes on the new ref series 15" sub. I have one on order, and anxiously awaiting it too.

What did you notice right away, what did you have to tweek,...and good for music and movies too??

I can't wait.. Your system is great, relax. I am just glad to see someone with a mixed system without a svs sub and loving it too. Not that the svs is not a good sub.. I just feel like they get wayyy too much props on the Klipsch BB too. I know Klipsch is very proud of the RSW 15" sub and hard to toot your own horn... But it is incredible very musical and low punch solid sub...and they should.

BTW isn't the Samsung just incredible? I highly recommend running out, beg, borrow, steal, LOL, for 299. list, the new samsung DVD player (HD 931) it interlaces with this TV tweeked to an incredible picture. The cd's on this thing sound even better than my "mucho bucks" several years ago Sony CD player too, which is being moved to another location in the house. (Most DVD players do not sound as good for CD's... This one does, again 299 list at best buys.)

I like the musicality of the sub and the punch it still gives for movies. I am mostly a music listener though and don't watch a ton of movies, so for whatever that's worth in my bias. No dislikes at all about th RSW-15. I also love the Samsung, but as I said, don't watch too many movies and probably won't spend for an additional dvd player.