Hey Ear, listen up!

CO1

Sorry about the subject, thought it was funny. You have so many subs it puts you in a position few of us will ever be in, the ability to live with and compare them together. I for one would be interested in a list from best to worst of the subs you currently own. No test tones or spl readings just the skinny, a list with the first one being the best and the last one worst. Thanks.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got a sugar mommy. 9.gif

Actually there is a bunch of stuff I didn't even bother to list because I was taking up so much space with that damn sloppy sig that I have. Needless to say my PC's look sweet too with lots of lighting, fan ducts and blow holes. I even had a custom aluminum faceplate machined for a desktop case and put a VFD display in it. In my equip rack it looks like an amp or receiver not a PC. Enough about me bring on the list!

Here is a quick list of the subs I have,top one being the best and last the worst(dont think the last one is a POS,as I return POS subs fast)

1. Aerial Acoustics SW12(in main HT)

2. Revel B15(in main HT)

3. Velodyne HGS18(back in main HT)

4. Sunfire Signature(in second HT)

5. Klipsch RSW15(in second HT)

6. Sunfire Mark II(in second HT)

7. Velodyne SPL1000(in second HT)

8. Klipsch RSW10(in second HT)

9. Carver Knight Shadow(two units in second HT)

10.Sunfire Junior(in second HT,again)

11.PolkAudio 404(in second HT)

12.PolkAudio 505(in second HT)

13.Reel 1215(used with the 810)

14.Reel 810 (ok its a $150 unit and used with my least speedy PC May I add this little thing performe better then most wannabe subs costing more!A way to describe it is musical!I am impressed what a mere $150 can get you)

I no longer have the Klipsch KSW12 and 15,the Paradigm PW2200 and Servo-15,the PS800 and 1000(my starter subs),Monitor Audio 212

The Servo-15 would rank high as well as the Monitor Audio for the clean bass.

Oh yes the RW10 will wait,no time to test it now,will pick the RW12 when it gets to my Klipsch dealer.

And I am picking up(buying)a Klipsch RSW12 this week 9.gif To finish my tripe stack RSW killa.

After I will get out the big bucks and equip the main HT with the SVS PB2-Plus and PB2-Ultra as well as one or two Acoustic Visions Pinnacle subs(Tumult time).

As the king of bass I must always keep a few dozen dB's above my competition

14.gif

Now dont ask me for the exact numbers,I have compiled lists a few times but dont have them on hand.Know my main HT the bass output at 32Hz is in the 124dB at listening position(and the subs could still do more),in my smaller HT where most subs are the numbers at 32Hz knock pass 125dB with ease.Its scary,bass is totally efortless and with no end.

Today I played LOTR I and II and lets say a few scenes have raging deep bass and I felt the shockwaves full force. 9.gif

Highlander,

Real subs huh,I dare you to call any of my top four not real subwoofers.And my top two compete in quality with ANYTHING made at ANY price.

Heard(ha tested with various material) the Wilson WATCH DOG,REL Stadium/Stentor and Studio,B&W ASW4000,dual SVS Ultra.And many more

Glad you deserted the wastelands of the 3DSS forums,when you talk about quality gear all the kids there want proof of purchase and your adress.To rob you LOL

Down low, the SunFire Signature will eat the RSW-15 alive, in my HT room, the Sunfire hits 104db at 20hz, and well the RSW-15 just can't do that...and hell..at 30hz for sheer output power...the sig can more then hang with the RSW-15.

The RSW-15 is not a depth hanger, it's sole purpose is to be a slam monster capable of throwing you through a wall, nuff said.

See then you have the Revel B-15..which combines the best of SunFire and RSW-15...thus massive depth and slam...which is why its number 2 on his list.

PYRO the Raptors are great. They do run a little warm but anything that performs will run warm. Can't really comment on noise because I usually use Vblock or AcoustiPack for acoustic damping and to prevent vibration but I would not call the raptors loud. If you are running any kind of a performance PC you will certainly have something in there louder than a Raptor. I use the Raptor for running games and nothing else. The WD1200JB is the hard drive the PC normally boots to because that way my wife cant screw up my gaming drive. More than once she has screwed up the O/S but of course she never knows what she did. This way I can fix it when I get around to it because I can boot to the Raptor and it is unscathed by my wife allowing me to play whenever I feel the urge. I recommend that all gamers with kids or wives not only run dual O/Ss but dual drives to protect yourself. I even used to physically unplug the drive when I didnt use it so no one could mess with it.16.gif

CO1 "BARBARIAN",

I will be building a new system near the begining of November. I seem to be undetermined on what Hard Drive to get. The 2 X raptor Raid 0 or just get a 120 gig seagate or WD. The 72 gig I would get from the raptors would do me just fine. I will not be overclocking, just want a fast stable platform. Thanks for the response.

Rob

----------------

On 9/1/2003 11:04:46 PM TheEAR wrote:

Heard(ha tested with various material) the Wilson WATCH DOG,REL Stadium/Stentor and Studio,B&W ASW4000,dual SVS Ultra.And many more

----------------

Maan, that REL Stadium and Stentor are some nice subs. Out of my price range, though, but that REL Storm III that I do have seem to have no problem keeping up with my RF-7s and friggan accurate. May not have the slam as say the RSW-15, but holy cow is it sweet with music! For the slam, I plan on adding the SVS PB-2 Ultra in the near future.

• 4 weeks later...

No sweat Bill,I love audio and its a pleasure to post.

Highlander...GREAT SHOW the HGS18 9.gif

Now the doubters will have less and less to question you.

You know I too hate posting my whole system and big items,its like saying HERE LOOK WHAT I HAVE ...LOOK.Showing off too much gear can call trouble.

I only post Klipsch related pics or PC gear,its nothing major and some can still say I invented my gear(I mean if someone wants to call me a liar,be my guest).

Like I said many many times if they think I invented my gear,good.Changes nothing to the fact I have what I claim.Why would I say I have A if I dont have it? What will I gain,some kids respecting an..Ear.LOL

Fact is most who live around me(and have many good too)do not even know all the audio gear I own,most gear comes in after dark(delivered by store employees who have Suburban sized 4x4's with plenty of space.I hate when someone I dont want knows too much.

And if some dont like me because I dont "bare all" to freaking bad.

Thank you,this rant was brought to you by TheEAR

CO1 you know where I shop for most audio,just ask them for LE GROS SUBWOOFER and all the guys there and the owner know me.And they can attest of my sickening purchase rate.

3.gif