Time in Baltimore with GaryMD and Family

dodger

----------------

On 9/8/2003 5:07:26 PM NOSValves wrote:

You didn't get me I was trying to get you this is to funny !! How many glasses of wine did you drink when you compared the Atoms to the originals ? Its funny Kelly use to advocate the Atoms for the HF-81 . Kelly emailed me asking me to save him a set for his amp I guess he thoguht I was going to call them a buy them out LOL !!

Craig

----------------

The two times I had the chance to compare yielded the same results. The poor Sprague sounded a bit anemic compared to the Astron.

The JJ would be better replacements than the Atoms and this for maybe $3 more.

The Cerafines are better but these should be reserved for the elite, which I am a part of.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan,

hate to rain on your parade but most of the Caps in the HF81 are Ceramic discs and the cheapest money could buy at the time ! They used 4 pyramids in the preamp section and 2 wax jobs in the phono section (Edit some amps had the wax paper jobs in the preamp section also). The main couplers are indeed ceramic disc ! I won't go into the Mylar argument with you because you know I myself and all my customers disagree so no reason to mull over past arguements. I just wonder when you decided that coiupling caps should be left in these amps ! You sure never advocate them being left in the Scott list server and forum ? If the way Scott amps sound in there stock form today is the way they sounded back in the hay day no wonder they went belly up !

Craig

Hey, how about staying on topic? And that would be FOOD.

If you ever get to beautiful little Glen Burnie way, stop in at Roys Kwik Korner and get yourself a Baseball Crabcake sandwich. Tacky website but if you are really hungry, this is the place. It is all carryout.

I remember the owner, Mike, said that you can have crabs flown to whereever you may be.