Promedia 5.2???

Whene are we going to see this beauty on the market? After buying the 4.2's from the this site (which im goin to sell on ebay for 280 to pay for the 5.1's or 5.2). i dont think i could go back to just one subwoofer again. hearing base in both front and back is the only way to play DVD movies and play endless hours of quake 3! so can any of the ops clearify this by saying a yes or no of a 5.2 system coming out?

If you REALY need it...

youy can make a 7.2 system.

Get the Pro Media 5.1's. and a 2.1 set.

Put the 5.1 sats in the Front, and the back. and the sub in the front

Put the 2.1 sats on the side, and the sub in the back.

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

Klipsch Pro Media v2 400 ( soon to be 4.1 )

2 Fisher STV-873's on front channel

2 Fisher surrounds on rear channel

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

About that 6.2 setup.... I can see using a sub for the center channel and the front right and left, but does it really make much difference using 2.1's for the rear so that there can be a sub ONLY for the 2 surround sound channels?

IS IT WORTH IT?

HEck why not go all the way

Get a 2 5.1's or better yet..

a 5.1 and a 4.2

3 Subs, 4 fronts, 4 rears, 1 center.

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

Not likely to ever see this beauty as product but you could easily make a 5.2 system by connecting the CP and sub of a 2.1, 4.1, or v.2-400 to the back channels of a 5.1 as is done in the 4.2 setup. The downside is you would have seperate volume controls for the font and back, as in the 4.2, but the up side is 5.2 baby!

This would also be a viable option for 4.1 and v.2-400 owners if the elusive 4.1 ---> 5.1 ugrade ever becomes a reality. The upgrade to 5.1 would involve connecting the sats of a 4.1 or v.2-400 to the new sub, center, and control pod (using their existing wires, they are otherwise functionally interchangable with the new satellites), but those who want to keep their old sub and CP could connect them as indicated above for 5.2 action...

Not much point in going with a 5.2 setup. I believe it's probably been covered many times before, but I'm lazy, and don't wanna search Smile.gif When you take the price amount of something like a 5.2 setup (which would probably raise the price from 399 -> 500 at LEAST, you're better off going with a higher end setup. Even with a 7.2 setup, what's really the point? If you put a 5.1 setup with a 2.1, you get a MUCH more powerful sub in the 5.1's, and the 2.1's sub might serve to ruin the effect made by the better sub. Anyways, for a little more then a 7.2 setup, I built myself a nice little HT setup, which, if I may say so, beats the holy hell outta ANYTHING and of the ProMedia speakers could ever produce.

Of course, if you're just bored and wanna stick those systems together to make new ones, go for it! Smile.gif