Active Interconnect?

whell

A friend of mine has been using the very same cable set up for over a year now but we've both been too busy for a sit down. I don't want to be a closed minded individual but the feeling I get is a fool and his money are soon parted. Then again you won't see me buying two hundred dollar cables either. Randy

"These wires are surrounded by a thick copper foil shield that is electrically charged by a nine volt battery. This creates a positive field around the wires preventing any signal loss."

I'd like to find a write-up of Thorsten's explaining how this works.

Wouldn't the shield with the postive field interfere with the signal wire?

I guess as long as the signal wire has a good insulator.

Strange.....

I understnad there are two different approaches currently; One charges the dialectric in order to reduce/eliminate the electrical interaction between the signal carrying conducter and the insulating material. The other claims to create an electrical shield using a layer of conducting material positioned outside both the inner conducter and the first insulation/dialectric layer. I have synergistic speaker cables which have the added shield layer. I believe the new audioquset cables use the pre-charged dialectic layer system. All of it is facinating and I suspect in a few years one or both systems will become the norm in cabling. I like the sound of my "active" speaker cables. regards, tony