Help with Denon 3802..........No OSD

johnnyglk

I chose this receiver after hours and hours of research on this site. thanks for all the input.

I really like this receiver alot, but a few days ago my on screen display went out. I don't think it is just not pushing the RIGHT button. I have had it over a year and use it all the time. I can't get it to show up at all and the few times it did FLASH up it was just a whole screen full of ( 0's ) and then dissapears. as far as I can tell the sound has not been afected, but there is ALOT that you can not adjust without this option.

AS many people that own this reciever on this site. I was hopeing that someone would have some suggestions..................thanks

Not sure if this helps but on my Yammie, there are 3 different settings for the OSD, full detail, summary and off. Since I use a 3rd party remote, sometimes I accidentally click it off and have to pull out the original remote to use it's buttons!

Plus, OSD usually only works with composite and s-video only connections - make sure your on the proper video input as OSD doesn't work with component video, at least on my yammie.

Jaq's Daniel

• Like 1

I have it hooked up to the monitor a/v and S-video

that is why I see it flash up sometimes when I change sources. It just wont pop up when I push setup or OSD button. I may have to try resetting the microprocessor, I am just afraid I will loose the settings I do have. some options I just can't figure out with out seeing the menue.

I most definatly have it hooked up right. I have been useing it over year now ( OUT OF WARRANTY )

It is hooked up with both video and S-video .

I finally reset the microprocessor and now I can make it come on sometimes, but when it does there is only a screen full of 0's like this...

and then it goes off. this is where I would usually see the menue. and ALOT of stuff you can not adjust without this menue. sub controls, spkr sizes and lots of surround stuff.

Thanks for all the advice, but it looks like a call to Denon is in order. anyone know the # for their customer service..............