For Sale: Vintage Klipsch Belle loudspeakers 

Jeff_E

I am a novice seller so please forgive any breaches of protocol. This is an interest check inasmuch as I have not set a price. A nice pair of medium oak Belles in good cosmetic condition purchased in 1980. Consecutive serial numbers and all that. They have been stored unused in a thermally controlled environment for the last nine years so it is time to get rid of them. Just tested them and they sound fine.  They weigh around 125 lbs. each so local pickup in central North Carolina will save the buyer considerable crating, insurance and trucking costs. The last two pairs sold on ebay have gone for $2025 and $1850 but I am willing to cut a deal so make me an offer. More detailed info upon request.  I am also interested in selling advice since I am inexperienced at this. Not interested in trades. Please use e-mail to respond. ersoff at mindless dot com

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Klipschophiles,

Why am I am selling these? I am selling them for a close friend who is not a computer user. I noticed them (!!) sitting unused in his dining room and asked him about them. They are left over from his bachelor days. His current, married life style is incompatible with large speakers/realistically loud music so I talked him into selling them and getting some HT equipment that he could actually use. He doesn't want top dollar for them, only a reasonable price so he can get a modest 5.1 setup with small, hang on the wall speakers.

I discovered this forum from googling and figured that you folks would appreciate these vintage speakers. My experience with other, similar special interest forums (dealmac, head-fi) has been quite positive. Given the situation, I am trying to avoid dealing with ebay/audiogon pain-in-the-youknowwhat buyers, at least for now. Initially, I have only posted the interest check here and at head-fi.org.

Photos: I loaned the actual owner my digital camera and will probably post pictures by Thursday night.

I am doing my utmost to be upfront in this listing. I am hiding nothing about the speakers. If you are concerned about my integrity you can check my record as a buyer on ebay as Jeff0010

Feel free to e-mail me with questions/advice

ersoffATmindlessDOTcom

Thanks for the support.

Jeff,

Why not take 'em yourself? Then you'd have a great reason to hang out here (although not required).

Not sure if you already knew this, but folks can contact you, either by e-mail or personal message, by hitting the "Msg User" button in the bar above your posts. That way, you don't have to type your e-mail address in your post (unless you want to). Retrieve PM's in your "Profile."

Welcome, and good luck! Good luck as well with that approaching hurricane!!

fini

P.S. He had to downsize his speakers after getting married? Huh, you hear something new every day...

----------------

On 9/16/2003 6:26:02 AM Jeff_E wrote:

They are left over from his bachelor days. His current, married life style is incompatible with large speakers/realistically loud music

----------------

Does she tell him when he can use the bathroom also? 2.gif

Jeff,

Whereabouts in central NC? My brother-in-law lives in Cary and he's looking for a pr of speakers. The Belles may be too big for his needs but I can always send him the pics and info and let you guys get together. My aunt lives in Chapel Hill and her boyfriend was very impressed with my horns and may consider them as well. I also have a friend in Greenville who is always looking for horns. Try to get a bit more info (serial#, mods, repairs, condition, finish and veneer, etc. ) and post it or email me. Thanks for offering them on the forum and keep us informed. Be safe, Bryan

Weeeell to some degree. I did get tired of hearing her yap about them. I could have kept them if I wanted, she hated the looks. It was more about me wanting to have the money to put into my theater than anything else. Not to mention, the belles just didn't fit my music taste. My primary music is rock&roll. True rock sounded good, but I didn't have the correct room to experiment with placement and what not to try and get the full advantage of the belles.

So sure, WAF was part of it but not my decidging factor... But, good catch though. Nice of you to point that out. 2.gif9.gif

----------------

On 9/16/2003 1:03:21 PM Flason wrote:

I would much rather have a great wife and a mediocre stereo than a mediocre wife and a great stereo. Keep them happy! This kinda reminds me of that old saying: Women marry a man expecting him to change, men marry a woman expecting she won't.

----------------

There ya go! Right there, women marry us thinking they are going to change us. Somehow that just does not seem fair. In my case, I wanted my wife to change, I wanted her to mellow out. She's a tad high strung. We both are for that matter.

But yeah I know what you are saying. It's good to have a happy wife. Hard to enjoy the audio when she is always angry at you because of it. 4.gif

However, I still hold out that if I had my toys pre-wife/girlfriend, I keep my toys. It's the toys I want to buy durring our relationship that are negotionable.

Let me hijack this thread away from the Bobbitesque topic to respond to some of your requests for more info about these Belles.

Here are some highly compressed pics. E-mail me to request higher quality ones via return e-mail.

You can see a small break in the veneer in the low left front of one of the speakers. This is, as I recall, the worst damage to the speakers. A verbal description of the cosmetic flaws is forthcoming from the actual owner.

The serial numbers are 2R279 and 2R280.

The speakers currently reside in Winston-Salem. North Carolina.

post-13323-13819249166492_thumb.jpg