what subwoofer?

wheelman

I wanted to know what you guys thought about a good match up with my sf- 2 towers. I like velodyne subs the chts, but i dont know if a ten or twelve will work with the high sensitivity of the sf-2. Do you think for the money velodyne is the way to go or klipsch. a guy at velodyne told me a 15 incher at the minimal, But i was like damn thats not what i had in mind for my living room. He said usually 15 or 18 inchers for klipsches work well, but i dont think i could live with that size in my Living room. now if i had a special room just for it sure ill take two. Now if a bigger sub is required i would go with svs. So my main concern is would a ten velodyne work or twelve. I could live with that or any other brands for me to check out thank you. Its been awhile guys my computer got hit by lightning, and had to do the insurance thang and get a better computer9.gif

It all depends. I would think 12" would be the minimum. If you listen to music on your HT, I would say get a Klipsch sub (preferably reference model). They respond equally well to both music and movies.

If you just watch movies and tv on your HT and you really like bass or listen at high levels, I would recomend the SVSubwoofers. I would get the Ultra. If price sensitive, then get the 20-39CS+.

Just my opinion, I am sure there are others.

Looking at your speaker set up and not knowing your budget or room size, I think the ultra would not be the best choice financially or to best match your needs. With that said you may find, as I did, Cambridge sound surrounds will most likely not be able to keep up with your Klipsch.

Looking at your set up the Klipsch sub I would recommend would be the RSW10 or the RW12.

If you are interested in the SVS line, take a look at the PCi 25-31 or the PC+2531, these are the cylinders. If a box is what you are looking for there are several options at SVS. The PB1isd is an excellent box sub with a very attractive price. If you have a large room take a look at the SVS PB2isd. The PB2isd has the SVS co-founders gloating like like kids in a candy store. You may have to wait a little for the PBisd but it will be worth it. also the PB2 series is rather large.

If you are interested in the SVS line email techsupport@svsubwoofers.com, with your room size, and a list of your equipment and they will email you back with recommendations. Their recommendations are conservative, They have no desire to over sell you. when you email them Tom Ron or Erik will reply, these guys know their subs.

----------------

On 9/17/2003 9:16:46 AM avman wrote:

i would recommend a rw-12. it has better specs and sound than velodyne's offerings AT THE SAME PRICE POINT, and will go nicely w/your other klipsches.

if it is in your budget,for faster,extremely tight bass and good bottom, a rsw-10 may also be auditioned.

avman.

----------------

RSW-10 Baby!!!

3.gif

Lets stay realsitic,the RW12 or RSW12.The RSW12 is quite compact and packs a punch,solid in the 25Hz range.Plus you can get good deals of RSW subs,if the local Klipsch dealer is a stiff clown shop online(yes you heard that right).

Now peeps stop recomending GIANT TUBES AND TUMULT SUBS.Lets stay two feet on the ground.

Thank guys youv'e been a real help. Money is a real concern with me, and size i really dont want a huge subwoofer in my room. I had one once and sent it back all i could do was look at it. I like the idea of sticking with klipsch because i like the speakers i have especially for rock concerts. Do you guys believe this i was talking with a velodyne rep and he said klipsch subs stunk. Then i was thinking why would it take a 15 velodyne to keep up with my speakers and it wouldnt take that of a klipsch go figure. I was looking at the rw-8 they look nice. Do you guys think that would be to small?

----------------

On 9/17/2003 12:57:09 PM wheelman wrote:

Do you guys believe this i was talking with a velodyne rep and he said klipsch subs stunk. Then i was thinking why would it take a 15 velodyne to keep up with my speakers and it wouldnt take that of a klipsch go figure. I was looking at the rw-8 they look nice. Do you guys think that would be to small?

----------------

Now, if comparing the KSW series subs to the Velodyne, than I agree with the Velodyne rep, however, I wonder if he got to hear the new RW series (not to be confused with the higher end RSW series). Personally, with your SF-2 speakers, I would seriously consider looking at the RW-12. I think the RW-8 will be too small to keep up with your SF-2 towers (which BTW, I think are a great speaker, especially for the price). Of course, there are the aformentioned SVS, but they do tend to be a bit large (at least from what I can tell from the various pictures of people's setups that I have seen - I have yet to actually see, let alone, hear, one).

Ive been checking the subs out and i'am leaning towards the rw 10 model. I really like the rsw 10 but cant find any in my price range so far that is. I got to keep searching. I found the rw 10 for 330 bones. Do you guys no anywhere cheaper or the rsw 10 around this price (which i doubt).Thanks

----------------

On 9/17/2003 11:16:51 PM prodj101 wrote:

when I was still using my SF-2's for my main speakers (now use RF-5's, see link below for pics) I used them with my RSW-15. I didn't find it much overkill, for me, there is never too much sub power.

----------------

nice speakers and that is one hell uv a sub their. Thats quite a bit out of my range though. I like the rw 10 but im not sure if it hits pretty solid at 25 hertz where it counts. I cant seem to find any reviews on it.

Yeah the rw 12 is what i'am going to save up for. I just don't know whether to save for that first or get klipsch surrounds or get the hk 225 receiver. I have know idea if that receiver would be an upgrade thoughk, but anyhow iam going to save and get the rw 12. I figure it'll move the amout of air im looking for without it being to overwelming visually. Those cambridges are like having two little portable radios for surrounds. They definetly got to go some day. They are quite diffused though. But anyhow thanks for your guys opinions on the subs. I like the looks of the rw 12, and im sure it will fill my room with good klipsch sound.