Klipsch HT coming along!

Rudy81

Just thought I would post some pictures of my HT project. It is just about done...I think. Many things are DIY projects, like the acoustic treatments, screen, screen wall and shelving. I just finished the new DIY screen and adding ligthing to the room, thanks to Lutron's IR dimmers, the lighting is really a nice touch.

Comments are welcome, but no jokes about the woodworking. The cost of the gear prevented buying woodshop equipment, and I have my priorities.

If any kind soul would like to trade a single working Klipsch Belle for a pair of Chorus II's, let me know.

http://www.prontoweb.com/klipsch_HT.htm' /a>Pictures here.

1.gif

See, that's what I love about Klipsch groupies, you are too kind.

As far as the sound, I absolutely love the HALO gear. Sound is clean and powerful. Those amps are really well balanced with my Klipsch. The sound is not at all bright. My previous set up used integrated amps. I have used a Marantz amp and later a H/K AV receiver. All of those were nice. However, the HALO gear is so much better, it was well worth the expense.

I would describe the sound as very spacious, clear with great imaging and prescence. The HALO C2 has tremendous features. I pass all my signals through the HALO, audio and video and it handles everything very well.

Funny, I have always heard critics as saying that Klipsch is too bright. I don't find that to be the case for my taste. If you decide to go HALO you won't regret it. BTW, Parasound has outstanding service and support. The 10 year warranty is nice too. If you are serious about buying that gear, let me know and I can put you in touch with my HALO dealer.

Hey Rudy

Well, I won't be able to buy anything till late next year do to other things I must buy and stuff. But if your dealer can get me some great prices. Just to get an idea, how much did your A52 and A23 cost. The C2 is way out of my price range. The most I can stand to spend all at once is 2000. Well, all 3 RF-7s cost me 2025 and I am getting all those at the same time. So, the only thing that will work are the amps. Thank you for your answers so far.

CD

Thanks again. M00n, your place will be even better. I have been following your progress for a while now. I had the advantage of a room already in place. Just needed some paint and lighting. Chairs were 2 for 1 on sale at La-Z-Boy. The rest just took a little time.

The paint color is a deep red and works very well to darken the room for my DLP projector. The ceiling is actually grey.

Now, I just need to work on some minor touches and I should be ready to go. I cannot beleive how well a $14 piece of commercial plastic works. I had a Stewart Videomatte 2000 4:3 screen until a few days ago when I finished the DIY 16:9 screen. I will be putting the Stewart on eBay in the near future. The Parkland plastic is almost as bright as the Stewart.

Damn Rudy, that setup is looking PHAT! Love those chairs too! Tell me, what are your thoughts on the T3? I was thinking of one, but I was very skeptical as to how much better an $800 tuner can be than a $100 one.

By the way, now you must join http://www.htguide.com/CFBoards/index.cfm?fuseaction=Threads.listings&forum=40&CFB=1 which is the Parasound Halo Club. They're not quite as fanatical as the Klipschers here though, being that we here are known as "The Cult" on other forums.

I will have to check out that club.

I'm embarrassed to say that I have not even used my T-3. To be honest, I got it to have the "set" complete. Between work, honey-do's, the lawn and the HT project I have not had time to just sit down and listen to the tuner. Not only have I worked on the HT, but We just moved into this home about a year ago. I have yet to stop and take a breath. Heck, I don't have the antenna connected to it yet.

With DVD, CD, SACD and all other available media, listening to FM and AM at home just has not been a priority.

I will check out the HALO club.

Thanks again. I must say I have gotten many ideas from forums like ours and AVS.

The sound does rock! My wife even raves about how good it sounds. Movies as well as 2-ch audio is superb. I did have to treat the room for standing waves and some other issues. My remaining problem is the angled wall you see on the front right. It makes the front right speaker seem "louder" than the left. The funny thing is that when calibrating the system with a sound meter, the speakers are balanced at the same db level setting. However, when listening to 2-channel imaging, the center image is shifted slightly right. So, I have to reduce the right speaker level to center the image. My guess is that the angled wall is reinforcing the right speaker, causing the image shift.

As far as the projector, I looked at many, mostly ones I couln't afford. I had always liked the Z9000 since I have total light control in that room. The HD picture is phenomenal for a $10000 projector. I was able to get this one slightly used in mint condition from a dealer for $3500. That was one deal I couln't pass up.

So, that's how I decided on the Sharp. I am still very pleased with that projector. It is very quiet, light and performs extremely well.