McIntosh C35

The biggest difference I saw between the C34V (Al's) and the C35 was the volume control. The C34V has a standard looking dial pot while the C35 has an independent button for "up" and "down". I opted not to get the C35 because knowing my luck, and I've run into this before, I'd want a volume setting in between two of the steps. Sonicly it should be great. I plan on getting the C34V (Al wanna-be) in lue another C-40 showing up on eBay for $1,225!!

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany

Carver C-1 (But want a McIntosh!)

Rotel RB-1080

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Carver TL-3100 CD

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette (maybe being mothballed)

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 400mk II

Monster Interlink 300 mk II

Studio Tech U-48RW

Original 12ga. Monster Cable

This message has been edited by tblasing on 05-29-2001 at 12:59 PM

Thanks for the responses...I spotted a C-35 on ebay and bid $570...won the auction but they put it up for rebid because it did not meet the reserve price. All the knobs would have probably confused me...I would have never read the manual.

Actually I'm looking for a good clean pre-amp to pair with a recently acquired MC-225 to power Cornwalls. After 10 years I've returned to vinyl so the phono stage is critical. Limited research indicates the C-15 is a good fit...any further thoughts are appreciated.

If anyone is interested the Rega 25 with a Micro Benz Glider cartridge and a Nitty Gritty 1.5 record cleaner will bring smiles to any old vinyl you have or can procure.

Hi Guys,

John has a good idea. A dealers used "stock" is usually limited but they price stuff by some "book value" that is usually very low compared to what it's actually worth. I tried to sell an MCD7000 once and asked a dealer to dipslay it. The price he said I had to ask for it was totally unreasonable.

Al K.

You might try a McIntosh MX-113 which is a tuner/pre-amp combo. They're nice units and are sold on Ebay in the 250-400 dollar range.

------------------

Denon AVR-3800

McIntosh MC-2105 (Fronts)

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Klipsch Cornwall I's (LF/RF)

Klipsch KT-LCR ©

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub