ALK crossovers

Thoresa

Thoresa, Great job on the Khorns, They look beautiful. What I did with my AAs was to just add some modern high quality foil caps (auricaps for the 2ufs and a good generic for the 13uf.). I left all the motor starter caps in place so I can restore them if I ever want to. Sound is much clearer with the new caps.

Are your tweeters working? I blew one once and the only symptom was the right horn just didn't sound quite the same. The squaker was trying to reproduce from 400 to infinity and just could not do it. Try putting your ear up to the tweeter just to be sure.

Rick

Hello..!

More pictures and info about the veneer will come:) I think it`s called "Ligna flex veneer" and the type is Teak.

I`ve yust bought alk crossovers, but haven`t got them yet. Are not sure if my AA is broken. Yes it`s a ksw 15:)

I had some problems with the small areas on the khorns, and the glue was very poweful, so i had to be very accurate!

-Thomas-

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought the alk crossover. I noticed a difference at once! And so far i don`t have the "lack of sound" problem with the alk`s like i had before with my AA network 1.gif

IMHO i think the difference is clearer sound. It`s sounds more HIFI if i compare to the AA networks. But I miss "more sound" from the midrage. It`s not so opened like Im used to. I don`t think that will be a problem though..This you can adjust, and I think I will.