Why!!!!

DwK

Why in the living hell is BOSE so.. soo.... popular!

WHY do people think BOSE is good!!!!

BOSE SUCKS!!!!! GAH!!! It sickens me!!!!!!!!

Ahh well......

Klipsch should put out a version of theyer Pro Medias.. with more hook ups... And sell it twards the HT market.. Put them in.. BESTBUY and CircutCity.. You guys would make a killing.

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

Klipsch Pro Media v2 400 ( soon to be 4.1 )

2 Fisher STV-873's on front channel

2 Fisher surrounds on rear channel

Bose is popular, because many consumers are not interested in "high end" audio, and wish to buy things that are convenient, and perform decently. Bose does just that. They're alright speakers, if you like to have music in the background while you work, etc. (for the average consumer). Their high price is 'justified' with good looks, small size, and convenience, and that describes many products on the market today. "Better Sound Through Research" = "More Money for us Through Consumer Surveys, Publicity, and Media and/or Store Promotion"

and that's the way it will always be.

hi ..

let just assume this way...

a person who wants a system that solve all his headaches.... just hook it up, and it served all his purpose...... as a HT system, audio system... and convenient.. no huge speakers.. and bose provide just that...

and the satellites are so small that u can stuff it at one corner and forget about it... ..aand it has enough quality to satisfy customers ...

of course u cannot compare Bose to other powerful higher end models from other manufacturers.

that's why Bose has its own customers and supporters.

nothing sucks.... if it sucks, it will not last this long.. more than 50 years of history in making speakers .

Cool.gif

• Like 1

I have a friend that recently purchased the "lifestyle" system. (i think that was the name). Anyway, it sounded pretty good in the store. When he got in connected at home, it sounded very tinny--kinda like screws rattling around in a metal can---just horrible----even I was surprised. Marketing has a lot to do with what people believe and how they act.

------------------

Johnny

......... Its all marketing .. your right.

Bose speakers compared to what they say they are.. suck.

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

Umm, you can't make a version of the Pro Medias and market it for the HT market because HT speakers use a seperate amp/reciever to power them, while the Pro's use their own amp (and hooking that upto a HT reciever would serve no purpose except maybe to destroy the speakers.

Klipsch's "version" of the Pro's for HT setups are the Quintet speakers.

Well that depends very much on the preamp and amp setup you are using. The best ones allow for amped speakers. In other words you could use the promed's as an HT system but check out the SF-2's on the main page. Why would you use PC speakers for an HT. Unless you just want a small HT. I guess that would be workable. But then just use your computer with TV/out and S/video and a SBLP 5.1 and your Klipsch speakers. Ala, insta HT for under 1500 bucks. Think about it if you are trying to put together a component system.

------------------

Real life is just another window on my desktop!

-The Shadow

No.

I'm saying put together a set like the BOSE lifestyle system.

It comes with a AMP that prety much is made to work with the speakers.

Just, Keep the Pro Medias like they are, ( 5.1 promedias ) A better ( bigger and fancier, with more hookups) and what ever changes that are needed, and sell it as a HT system.

Its a good, and simple solution, that I think people would realy go with.

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)