Way cool site for "do it your selfers!" and Pros!!

IndyKlipschFan

This area of our site is dedicated to acoustical engineering education. We feel it's important to educate the members of the audiophile and home theater community. Whether you are about to embark on a home theater room design or a high end 2 channel listening room, learning about acoustics should be the first step. Only by education can we understand the important aspects of listening room acoustics and their impact on our ability to hear the best possible sound out of our system.

Ok check it out!!

http://www.rivesaudio.com/educate

Especially the CARA quick program. This looks cool!!

I have the CARA program. I purchased it about 10 months ago. It is a nice program, realtively simple to use and within its limitations it is useful. On the down side, it can only forecast room resonance problems. There is also no "speaker" file for any of the Klipsch Heritage and most other Klipsch speakers. This is a major problem, since its programming uses speaker characteristics to create its graphs. I contacted the programmers and they could not assist me with that bit of valuable information. The best you can do is to find a speaker similar to the Heritage series. Unfortunately, the database does not have much in that way.

I found the ETF program much more interesting, since it can actively take room measurements. I decided not to buy it or the associated hardware since my funds were destined to actually making a HT.

m00n:

I have wanted that program so that I can take real time measurements that can easily be stored in my laptop. The problem I found is that you need a good audio card, which I don't have in my pc and a good mike, which I also don't have.

I figured I'd cost $500 by the time I was done. So, for now I just let my ears do the evaluating.