Anyone here using an Yamaha RX-V3300 ? How much gain have you used?

Pistol Pete

I have only had my Yamaha RX-V3300 for about a month and my Klipsch speakers for about 2 weeks.

I was running some 88db sats for awhile and one time I was able to crank my RX-V3300 to -15dB in stereo mode, I got the fan to kick in and it sounded awesome , I did not dectect too much strain but I could tell the speakers had what they could take and no more.

Now I have a full Klipsch speaker set-up and its funny how loud it is a low volumes, it really depends on the source but on a good quality DVD I can turn it up to maybe -30dBs but I have yet to take it further. In Stero

mode I have taken it to about -28dBs its loud and it seems the RF-3IIs could take more but I am afraid the amp will either clip or put out more than they can take. I wish I had a better idea of what was happening at these louder volumes. Generally I can judge pretty well when an amp or speaker is at its limits but with these Klipsch speakers it is harder to tell because they dont really become strained sounding like conventional speakers.

BTW I have never gotten the fan to kick in since getting the Klipsch speakers and the amp runs icy cold compared to the last speakers I was running.

you may ask Love_Hertz, i sold him a reference klipsch system and a yammy rxv3300.

also i have a rb-75/rc-7/rs-7/rsw-15 setup at the store that i had the rxv3300 hooked up to. the most I COULD STAND was about -20 to -25dB, depending on source material.

WELCOME to the world of efficient speakers! 10.gif

avman.

whats up pistol pete? sup avman!! Yep I am totally happy with my yammy reciever. never heard my fan turn on yet. I see you have the rf3s, you like?? My living room is 21'x 15' with 10' ceiling open floorplan and with the matrix dvd I can crank it to about -34ish before vibrating my couch and sheetrock walls pretty good. With radio reception I can go to -26 before its too loud for the area. WHAT??? I think it can get definitly go louder if I can put up with my nagging wife afterwards.9.gif I don't see why you need to go louder, you'll be deaf. I was actually thinking of driving my system with more power, but avman talked me out of it. LATER

What a great combo!!! I rarely crank over -40DB anymore (Wife will not let me). IMO Klipsch and Yamaha make a great pair. I am so impressed with the RX-V3300's power supplies. I don't think I have ever heard cleaner power in a AV reciever in my life. The only thing I do not like is the 6.1 set-up. The new RXZ9 addresses this issue and is supposed to be the best AV reciever on the market when released in a few weeks.

AVMAN, What about the RXZ9?

----------------

On 10/24/2003 12:36:03 PM Antagon wrote:

That must be one hell of a reciever

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

It is, 19 lb PSU, 22,000uF capacitance,Damping factor over 200, distortion .02% at rated output, 49lbs , 7.5" tall.

Its amp section is almost that of the RX-Z1 and I'd wager

the amp section will beat up the power hungry slob/inefficient HK 7200 or the over priced Denon 4802.

To top it all off I only paid $999 from an authorized dealer and its even less from unauthorized dealers. I feel like I stole it.

The 3300 is my 4th HT reciever and it is by far the best I have had, I also feel is was the best value of them all...I am a Yamaha man from now on provided it holds up for awhile.

Hey Pistol Pete,

I like movies to be loud and powerfull, but I don't think I have ever had my 3300 up over -35. I've never heard the fan kick in. I sold a Yamaha RXV-620 to get my 3300 and the 620 used to run pretty hot. This is the best reciever and speakers I have ever owned.

I love my Klipsch/Yamaha system!

Good luck with your system.

9.gif So yesterday I spend a 1/2 hour browsing the electronics at the Good Guys and on my way out the door I happened to come across an advertisement for 1/2 a Yamaha Receiver , in small letters "RX-V3300 $799"

I went to the counter and found out it had been more than 30 days since I got my 3300, it had been like 32 days.

He gave me back $216 anyways. 9.gif

Wow so now I got my RX-V3300 for $799 +tx instead of $999 +tx...damn now i really love it!