What other hobbies R U into?

BigBusa

Justin,

My neice last year went through what you're experiencing now, and what we all experience on occasion in this "real world." She was finally away from home (going to Evergreen State in WA), feeling isolated and alone. When I tell you we all feel this way, it's not to give you as feeling of hopelessness, but to give you comfort, that we're all in this together. Life is bittersweet, for sure. Believe me, I KNOW how hard it is to see that light at the end of the tunnel. It's there, for sure. Please, as Dean suggests, keep in contact with your friends here. You are most certainly welcome to call me anytime as well. Just charge it to Dean's number, OK?2.gif

Take care, kid-o!

your ol' pal,

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in the new dormitory has really helped, and I have a great network of friends here. Just sometimes the easiest way out seems very enticing, but I luckily have great friends here that take care of me.

Here is one I am doing now, sporatically as I am busy talking to professors.

Peering-Around-CornersS.jpg

and now I am coloring it in...

Peering-Around-Corners-2,0.jpg

Peering-Around-Corners-4,0.jpg

Oh, and you wanted a music based one? This is one I did of Pink, it is really crappy, but was my first charcoal sketch...thing...

pink.jpg

Her eye and lip look weird when scanned because of a reflection, I just can't seem to fix that. Oh well.

I also added an ora around my guy on the rock. There is a lot of symbolism to the picture, just gotta look hard to find it all.

Just-In-Loneliness-Ora.jpg

Justin-

Don't get caught up in your own misery.....Things may suck, but if you dwell on them you'll end up sitting in the closet on top of a pile of dirty clothes, with a full (it MUST be full, otherwise you will have to leave your sanctuary) roll of toilet paper crying your eyes out. This in it self is not necessarily a bad thing (crying releases all kinds of chemicals into your brain...) but you always end up feeling silly "coming out of the closet" so to speak. Believe me, I know...

BTW, the gloppy stuff/tatoo on the arm in the first drawing reminded me of Princess Monoke (another cool synthfreek movie suggestion). Hmmmm and no mouth...from the largest poster from all time very Freudian...(please don't tell me you are taking Psyc 101?) ....Perhaps you should have included a keyboard...Yes that's it....And the teeth could be the keys...

P.S. Just say the word, and I will send Less and she will whomp on anyone that messes with my buddy. Be Well! and remember...happiness is a state of mind (or in your case it might be a state of medication...talk to the Docs.)

Hugs

Clu

Well, to possibly lighten the mood, I have a question. I notice in your drawing, there's skin showing between your shirt and your pants. If this was a drawing of ME, there'd be a quite prominent, uh, carpenter's crack. I notice in real life, too, with these popular low-rise pants the girls are wearing. Where's the crack? Not that I want to see it, I just don't know what happened to it.

According to Hans Christian Andersen...

"The little mermaid drew back the crimson curtain of the tent, and beheld the fair bride with her head resting on the princes breast. She bent down and kissed his fair brow, then looked at the sky on which the rosy dawn grew brighter and brighter; then she glanced at the sharp knife, and again fixed her eyes on the prince, who whispered the name of his bride in his dreams. She was in his thoughts, and the knife trembled in the hand of the little mermaid: then she flung it far away from her into the waves; the water turned red where it fell, and the drops that spurted up looked like blood. She cast one more lingering, half-fainting glance at the prince, and then threw herself from the ship into the sea, and thought her body was dissolving into foam. The sun rose above the waves, and his warm rays fell on the cold foam of the little mermaid, who did not feel as if she were dying. She saw the bright sun, and all around her floated hundreds of transparent beautiful beings; she could see through them the white sails of the ship, and the red clouds in the sky; their speech was melodious, but too ethereal to be heard by mortal ears, as they were also unseen by mortal eyes. The little mermaid perceived that she had a body like theirs, and that she continued to rise higher and higher out of the foam. Where am I? asked she, and her voice sounded ethereal, as the voice of those who were with her; no earthly music could imitate it.

Among the daughters of the air, answered one of them. A mermaid has not an immortal soul, nor can she obtain one unless she wins the love of a human being. On the power of another hangs her eternal destiny. But the daughters of the air, although they do not possess an immortal soul, can, by their good deeds, procure one for themselves. We fly to warm countries, and cool the sultry air that destroys mankind with the pestilence. We carry the perfume of the flowers to spread health and restoration. After we have striven for three hundred years to all the good in our power, we receive an immortal soul and take part in the happiness of mankind. You, poor little mermaid, have tried with your whole heart to do as we are doing; you have suffered and endured and raised yourself to the spirit-world by your good deeds; and now, by striving for three hundred years in the same way, you may obtain an immortal soul.

So lighten up buddy-boy and remember there are certain indisputable facts..

Energy is neither lost nor gained..

Upon us all a little rain must fall...

Whatever goes round...comes round...

Be careful what you microwave