What other hobbies R U into?

BigBusa

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, I hadn't noticed this post...well anyway, HT is only sort of secondary hobby for me. I'm into pumping the weights.

Back in April of this year I was deadlifting

450 for 5 reps squatting 400 for 5 reps. Have had alot of shoulder problems so I usually stay away from the benchpress. But I was pressing the 130 dumbells for about 6 reps.

Then I tore my rotator cuff and am now limited to lighter weights so I lost 45# and am currently around 5% bodyfat. Got a great 6-pak going! But I'm NOT tempted to shave my chest.

Used to be into bikes, had a Suzuki, then a Honda, then another Suzuki and was planning to buy a Harley. Sold the Suzuki but never got around to getting that Harley. Maybe sometime in the future.....

Guest Anonymous

This past week my hobby has been CORNWALL'S, 1967 verts and 1960 horizontal, along with scott amps 299d, 233, 272, and of course the SVS B4-PLUS bad boy sub with the CROWN K2 2500 watt Amp.

2.gif3.gif11.gif More to cum

Smilin

I once took seminars courses at Harvards B school. Of all things to teach, they told us about the commonly-known 80/20 rule. This is how 80% of your effort, for example, makes only 20% of your profits, etc. So it is with hobbies. Although what I love is critical listening on my home movie and music reproduction system of female voices with small groups, I actually spend only one hour at the end of some nights doing this (20%). I spend twice that amount of time watching movies (80%). And yes, even though it is on my wonderful tube system with big ole horns, it is not quite the same magical nirvana.

I moved to the sunny state of Florida to spend time at the beach, SCUBA diving, sailing and snorkeling. Yet I spend less than 20% of the year doing all three of those activities. Part of this problem is inherent to a blue-eyed blonde in the skin-blistering sun: permanent Floridians are light skinned; only tourists have tans. And part of this problem is the Honey-dont list, where the wife considers diving dangerous for a putz some 20 to 40 pounds overweight.

I have and write about fresh-water and marine aquariums. I currently have three tanks. Each one is an experiment of sorts. I am trying something new (for me anyway) with each one. These are slow processes; often I give them a year before reaching any semi-valid conclusions.

So movies (we see about one a week), reading (I read about a book a week), writing (which I get paid to do) top the part-time activities list. I am lucky if we get a chance to fit in exercise or dinner out.

Justin... don't let it get to you. I've been there, and actually drew quite a bit too (mostly B&W pencil and charcoal). The tides do eventually turn, regardless of what is dragging you down. I'd don't know how much you like mathematical probabilities, but even math is on your side... it's more a question of "when" rather than "if".

Rob

PS: there is no right or wrong answer in life... just opinion

Damn Justin, that's pretty good. Sure better than I could ever do. It's both appealing and disturbing. I think you should be talking to people who care about you. Call me collect anytime in the evenings if you just need someone to talk to -- 937.299.6324.

Justin,

Try not to be too concerned about what other students think. Prejudice (based on ignorance) is the norm, not the exception, even in a great country like ours.

Try to find folks with similar interests. Folks on the Klipsch board hang out here because our interests are similar. Nowhere else will you find knowledge of horn speakers on this level. There are about 1,000 of us on this board with a few dozen regulars, out of a nation of around 275,000,000 people. Moral to the story is stick around; you are among friends here.

Bill

PS back on topic: The wife and I are into dogs. One is sick now; he is a conformation champion. His closest relations have been national conformation champions for his breed. His brother won best in group at the National Dog Show. That and $3.00 will get me my next mocha. Pure bred dogs tend to have a lot of health problems.

His pure bred step sister has 24 agility titles. Two bad shoulders later she is retired. She is a cancer survivor also. We are usually broke due to vet bills and home theater bills. B