Call Of Duty

CO1

Which game are you talking about? I'm guessing SOCOM II, and if so, I am absolutely with you! I haven't played the single player demos because I reserved my game about 6 months ago, but I've heard good things about them.

Whoops-never mind-game is in the title... lol

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man I'm still waiting for the mailman. Got my new PW-2200 doing sub duty on the PC so I'm ready for the explosions. Still waiting on new speakers so I may even wait to play until then because this was one of the games I was looking forward to with the new system.

its literally pounding in my room when i play cod.... it sounds like war, it feels like war.... omg.. it IS WAR!!!

when i am proning around towards enemy bunker... i hear machine gun fire over my head... footsteps to my right and my left... grenades going off... mortars exploding, mines set off, planes overhead.... IT IS OVER.

i almost find myself praying for a miracle.

A W E S O M E !!!

This game kicks butt,in more whay than one. WOW I just finished the game at the hardest level and I can say this much

Graphics are great,sound is simply the best YET.Best use of true sourround sound of ANY game,any!Plus the missions are great,the best part is the crossing to Stalingrad.What a massacre,you start with no weapon!And have to survive,then in the city center you have to charge German tanks and heavy machine gun fire!!!Its the first game that had me ducking for cover to save my life!

In Stalingrad you withness a real butchery and after killing the Nazi officers you finally start to take over,and then the last level in Berlin where the Red army charges for the final prize.

The game was short finished it on the toughest setting under a day!But WOW the most intense moments put your right in the action and you can feel on a very small level what soldiers had to go thru,imagine being on the front line in Stalingrad. 6.gif14.gif

An amazing game and with my Audigy 2 ZS and Celeste/Totem sourround system it was just scary.I used dual Carver KS subs for the deep bass.

For anyone who likes true and intense action this is it.For one day I did not play my all time fave game,Battlefield 1942.Another great game.

couldnt have said it any better ear. truly a wonderful game - especially when you factor in the surround sound. man - it sounds beautiful on my pc system - i can only wonder what it sounds like on yours... what are your peecee speakers anyway? i know you got the dual carver subs - are u using klipsch reference speakers for your pc?

I played the game through twice before selling it...and yes the sound was outstanding...among the best I've heard in a game before. The game sounded great with my Audigy 2 ZS, I wish I had the Ears sound system, but my Polks for fronts and Wharfedales for rears were satisfactory. 3.gif

Well I finally received the game and it only took 2 and 1/2 weeks to get here.7.gif Still no speakers yet but apparently my RSX-5's are in and the RCX-4 should be in soon. I was not going to play this game until I got my new PC speakers so after I got my SVS & PW-2200 blanced out I packed away the ProMedias and now I'm using headphones. I couldn't help it, I had to play. This game is freaking amazing but now that you guys are telling me how great the surround effects are I'm wishing I had of waited. It's kind of like knocking up the town *****, in hind sight you know you made a mistake but it seemed like a good idea at the time. I guess I'll have to play it again when the speakers come in. BTW I apologize if I have offended any town whores who may be reading this. All I can say is that it was a feeble attempt at humour that I will forever have to bare.

Call of Duty without sound is not even half the game,and with a great sound system its a near masterpiece.Still the game level layout and design could be much improved,levels feel closed in with little room to take another path,you follow a path and that is it,this keeps this game from near perfection.

Still overall Call of Duty is worth a purchase.

i have the audigy2-ZS... oops, i havent updated my profile in a while! 9.gif

but yeah, i just use the audigy2-ZS and switch between 6channel output and/or digital (spdif) out to my Yamaha RXV530 receiver via the THX Control Center.... this is the one the best parts about having the ZS versus my old Audigy2 - the THX Control Center. Everything in the control center is integrated, meaning i change the output to digital out and i dont have to go to all the other subprograms and change it there... once i change it in the thx control center, the soudncard AUTOMATICALLY switches over.

BTW, i use 6channel input on the receiver since this way i can use the eax (for games) capabilities of the soundcard... with digital out, i cant - but digital out gives me better music playback.11.gif

• 4 weeks later...