Is Parasound HCA 1500a Ok for a K-horn?

Hangloose

Actually, in all seriousness, I think that Parasound is rated at about 205wpc into 8 ohms. To me, this is not my sonic cup of tea for the Khorn solution, but Curl did do some ok amps for Parasound. Still, you sure wont be needing 205w very often (try hovering in the 1-3w area a good portion). Let's call it a bit of overkill with the Khorn at 104dB. Will you hurt the beasts? Depends on how wild you get and whether you play The Boredoms....

kh

Hangloose,

Klipschorns sound beautiful with a Walkman, Anything better is frosting on the cake.

Are you talking about 2003 model Khorns? Sweeeeeeeet!! I would love to hear a pair of the latest editions. I have had mine for over 25 years and they are still great.

Rick

PS: Welcome aboard.

Depends what you are going to use with it.

I was using a Denon AVR as a preamp, a Onkyo CD Player, cheap IC and Monster Cable, the HCA1500 amp all feeding a pair of KLF20's.

The sound was awful. Ears were hurting so bad that I could only listen to half a CD a day.

Today that same amp is mated with a Parasound preamp and tuner, same Onkyo CD player, nice IC and speaker wire all feeding a pair of Heresy's. Sounds great. I leave it on 24x7.

I have used the HCA1500 with a tube preamp with VERY good results.

It will do an outstanding job with your Khorns (I have used it with Heresy, Lascalas and Cornwalls) if you have the right front end.

This amp will output exactly what you are feeding into it.

Danny