Partaymon's LaScalas

partaymon

Hey guys! Thanks for all the interest and support. I've tried to reply to all of the e-mails and PMs-- my job keeps me on the road and makes it difficult to check my computer msg.s every day.

I think the LaScalas have found a home! One of the board members I have been talking to has said that he'd like to take them home on Friday.

I respect everyone's privacy, so I won't mention who it is-- but he might very well post about it himself! (Hard to keep that kind of happy news to yourself!)

I'll let everyone know the outcome this weekend.

Mike.

Mike,

Congratulations to you! I know that has got to be a Big weight off your shoulders, what with everything else thats going on ......... Do you plan on ever getting more Klipsch to create, maybe a smaller HT set up?

You have my number if you need help, moving. Regards

The LaScalas are gone!! Off to the land of Beer and Cheese (Wisconsin for all you non midwesterners.) Thanks to all who expressed interest and support! For now, I still have my Quintets... and I'm sure I'll get something a little bit larger once we all get moved into the new house.

Thanks again, folks.

Old Married Guy-- formerly the Partaymon!2.gif

sorry I haven't posted yet, but I was sequestered downstairs auditioning 4/5 of Mike's (no mine) La Scala's. Still don't have the center channel up yet (weight issues with rptv), but they do sound great. And all who say they bring out the weak points in a system are absolutely right, I had an audible (but not objectionable) hiss when I was running my KLF-30's, but now I think I might have to buy a new ( or old) amp. Anyway, the road trip is over and The Lion King audition is over. I think I made the right choice.

Benton

I'll try to upload some pics, got the center channel on now, but it sounds "boxey", too much bass?

I',m still tweaking, and still have the hiss, but am toeing, tweaking, and playing. The initial response post klf-30 was "airy, or full" comparisonwise. Now that I have 5/5 (5.1 with 2 subs) is "boxey" with the center, could still be the amp.

Benton

Hey Benton

Congrats on your matched LAS.

I see from Party's earlier post that you are in Wisconsin. There are a bunch of us nuts from the forum here that live in the Milwaukee area and get together somewhat regularly. Always looking for more people to join our get togethers.

Also, if you are in the area, I have an all Heritage HT also. If you want some help calibrating etc. Let me know.

JM

Benton, I'm glad you're enjoying them! I wish I could've heard the "Lobby Scene" from The Matrix thru them one time! 3.gif

Let them break-in a bit and then see if some of the Heritage guys up there can help solve your hiss problems. I'm sure that you'll have many years of pleasure from them!

Mike

Hissed there, done that!

The common cause of HT system hiss is the preamp. The digital section is usually the cause. Normally the power amps or power sections are dead quiet.

I solved my problem with the ACT-3 Upgrade. It now has what amounts to Stage 1 guts. It is not dead quiet, but is close.

Another trick I used was to drastically turn down the input gains to my power amps so that the preamp ran at its best S/N ratio.

Thanks for the trouble shooting info, but my "amp" is actually a Technics SA-AX610 receiver, and I'll have to get out my old Marantz stereo receiver and put it with an amp/preamp for the HT. After cutting my arm off to get the speakers (early birthday/Christmas present 2.gif ) I think I'll deal with the hiss for a while since the wife has to have a Christmas present too (or does she?)

Benton11.gif