Scott 299a feet measurement.

arfz28

My scott 299a has no legs or feet on the bottum of the unit, right now I have stuck some of those stick on rubber feet on it. I would like it to set at the factory hight, can someone give me some measurments off of there factory unit?

HOW long are the factory legs?

And how far does the front faceplate set up from the botum of your self you have it setting on? My front faceplate is almost touching the self it is setting on right now. THANK YOU.

Thanks guys for the replys,I went and measured the stick on feet that I put on the scott a while back and they are about 3/8 of an inch tall, I think anything 1/2 inch or a little longer will work fine for me.

RYAN SAID

The height of the stock feet are 1/2 inch exactly. But the feet were designed to be used with a cabinet, so for yours (without cabinet), you'd want more height. Don't let the faceplate touch the shelf!

Ryan did these factory 1/2 inch feet somehow sit on part of the factory case underneith the scott? Seems to me this would be the only way the case would fit underneith and around the scott.And if this is true the case itself would have to have feet on it too. Wish I had a picture of a wooden scott case maybe that would help.

Anyway thanks for you guys help, I will lift the scott up a little more, it will look beter that way.

The case went on the Scott and the feet were installed on the case along with about a 1/4 inch spacer between the case and the chassis bottom. This was all accomplished with about a 3/4" screw. So the actual bottom of the amp was about 1' above the circuit but with feet that tall without a case makes then look like there on stilts to me.

I bought a 4-pack of feet at the local Ace Hardware that are like the originals for $1.69 . But the feet I now use and prefer can be had at Parts Express. With my cabinets I use part # 260-773. For your application part # 260-774 sounds about right.

Keith

I went to Home Depot and got 8 (2 sets of 4), 1/2" tall feet. I put 2 back to back in each corner of the bottom of the chassis with the appropriate length screw going directly into the original chassis holes for the feet. This got the unit 1" off the shelf for good air circulation.

It doesn't look too bad either because the face plate hangs down pretty low.

I got my new feet on my scott amp today. I found a set of 4 1/2 inch plastic feet at my harware store, I used 3M double sided tape to hold them into place, I didnt want to run screws up into the unit and this worked out very well.The faceplate sits right at 5 sixteenth of on inch from my shelf looks nice.

You all should see the solid oak cabinit I made for my scott turned out real nice, way better than the factory looking units and should give me double the air flow.I built it so it just goes around the unit and you can pick it right up, no screws or bolts needed. I like it because if I want to watch the tubes glow I can just pick the whole cabinit up and move it aside.And if the kids are playing in the listening room I can leave it on to protect the tubes from any wondering fingers or flying debree.Thanks for all your help people.

Arf-

Please post some pics of that cabinet you built. I bet lots of folks would be interested in seeing it.

Jhawk92, Right now I have no digital camera, I am getting one for christmas, then I will be able to post pictures.

I have some more oak wood coming in next week, enough to build 5 more cabinets.I am hoping to sell them here on the forum or ebay. I have a retired gentleman liveing nearby that does tons of woodworking, he gets oak and walnut lumber in by pickup loads and plains it down for his use.He is cutting the oak into the desired length for my cabinets, this will help me out because I have no table saw.So in the next week or two it looks like I will be sanding and staining and putting together some cabinets.