Speaker wire/cable for heritage speakers

Piranha

Recommendations for speaker wire or cable please?

I have seen several types for sale on eBay and would like opinions. I would prefer not to break the bank if necessary. This project already has me at least 1K over budget and my wife is not too happy. lol...oh well

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32811&item=3057853242

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3058226391&category=14966

----------------

On 11/13/2003 10:36:10 AM PKuziel wrote:

No not Ebay. I work for a Phone Company as an Engineer. I have a warehouse full of various power cable. So I figured why not use some, I use individual runs of the flex #6 awg ( 1 run for + and 1 for -). I know it is over kill but what the hell.

----------------

Too bad I don't have those kind of resources at work.

Is the sound quality noticeably better than with cheapo wire/cable?

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/13/2003 10:17:30 AM tombjr wrote:

Recommendations for speaker wire or cable please?

I have seen several types for sale on eBay and would like opinions. I would prefer not to break the bank if necessary. This project already has me at least 1K over budget and my wife is not too happy. lol...oh well

and

----------------

Tom,

I use canare cable, and to my ear it seamed to make a large improvement over the monster cable that the system was installed with, after having the cable hooked up for a couple of weeks it seemed that the squaker on my cornwalls were less bright to my ears.

If you go to some of the other threads on this forum re: cable, it seems like a lot of opinion is that speaker cable really does not make a difference, "just go to home depot and get 12 or 14 guage spool and cut your cable. The reason given was that at a klipsch convention a blind testing was done, and way more often than not the blind testing proved that you could hear no significant change. If I need to get more cable i will try HD first1.gif cause you save big$$$$, if you are not happy you can always experiment.

Smilin16.gif

Whatever you do, try to go with 12 guage rather than 14 guage. You can also find great deals on Audiogon for other name brand cable that might be used. Some are more pricey, but you get the advantage of a great cable at a very reasonable price.

----------------

On 11/13/2003 11:43:47 AM Frzninvt wrote:

Contact this guy, at 0.25 a foot for primo 10ga it is hard to beat. I have purchased wire from him in the past and he is top notch. The gold plated ends can be crimped on and purchased through parts express or radio shack.

----------------

Wow! Thanks for the tip. Seems like a great price for braided 10AWG