A return to the classics. More 80's for the m00n

m00n

Oh hell yeah, got a wild hair today and got two new CDs:

AC/DC - Flick of the Switch

The Cars - Complete Greatest Hits

Good gawd it just sends shivers down my spine listening to Flick of the Switch. So many memories. This was my first concert and what a show it was.

Oh yeah, I am on a trip down memory lane.

• 2 weeks later...

Tell me about it they are two great albums. Man i just about forgot about the cars. I have so many cd's i forget about some of them i'll have to break that one out. I just bought ac/dc remastered powerage. I may actually like the original seems more balanced with less highs. but it's great. I was checking out beavis and butthead does america and they were playing gone shooting and i was like wow i forgot about that one for awhile. Talk about memorys beavis and butthead. Remeber that part when the now hank hill says are you them boys whacking in the tool shed. Priceless

Seen Cheap Trick live at the Western Washington state fair back in..... Oh... it was either 85 or 86, don't remember for sure....

That was back durring my summer of being a carny. Oh yeah, m00n traveled with the fair for a summer. Hehehe, it was fun.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw Cheap Trick back in the mid-80s at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. They were on the bottom of the bill with Sweet in the middle and Foghat headlining. My ex-wife was hit in the mouth by a wayward frisbee that night. Great rock'n'roll. Very memorable night. Also saw Cheap Trick about two years ago at The Grand Opera House in Wilmington, DE. A much more intimate setting than the Spectrum and much better acoustics.

Listening to music, I've been on a Sweet kick here lately. "Ballroom Blitz", "Action", "Love Is Like Oxygen" & "Fox On The Run". I saw these guys on their first tour of the U.S. in the early 80s at the Tower Theater in Upper Darby, PA. For a British group that was a cross between bubble-gum, glam and hard rock, they kicked butt. Helluva stage show. Their warm-up act was Eric Carmen (former Raspberries)on his first solo tour.

Also check out the remastered Back In Black by AC/DC. I think it sounds a whole lot better than the early CD release that was issued. Seems like there is better separation & you can pick out individual instruments better. That's one CD that just has to be cranked to really enjoy it. Definitely a good work out for a sub.

i dunno about all you ol' fellers, but my 80s classic right now is Metallica - ...And Justice for All. when i think of the term, classic rock, i'm brought to the 70s and 60s...80s was all hair metal and electro-pop...

but then again...i'm probably half the age of most of ya'll haha