Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 11/23/2003 12:54:18 AM TheEAR wrote:

I tried
2.gif

Oh well,let them enjoy B0$e
5.gif

----------------

I would have had much better chance if she did not already order and receive the thing. I did talk to her today over the phone and asked if she had ordered the radio. Found out that she not only ordered it, but already received it! To late to even try, thus the nature of my response above.

Now, if she just came to me and said that my father would like a radio, and asked me if the Bose would be a good idea, then I would have told her like it is (overpriced, overrated) and suggested the Tivoli. Hell, I would have picked one up at the local dealer for her, and even got a discount using my "preferred customer" status. But alas, that is not to be, and like you said:

"Oh well, let them enjoy BO$e 15.gif"

To: Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

C/O Klipsch Forum, U.S.A.

From the Office of Klipsch Police.

Dear Mr. Konopa we are sending you this letter to inform you of an

investigation our office is conducting in regard to evidence we have

received that at least one or more members of your family have

willfully purchased or accepted as a gift a BOSE product while you

have enjoyed the benefits of being a member of the Klipsch Forum.

Before any further action is taken on the part of the Klipsch Police

we will be sending out an undercover private investigator during

this Christmas holiday season who has had experience in participating

in Klipsch interests in the past with great success. We hope this is not

an inconvenience for you, your family and friends so we are providing

you with a for-your-eyes-only photograph of the undercover agent

assigned to your case. This is for identification purposes only and the

photo included below is not for public viewing but to ease the shock of

anyone in your family being suddenly startled by the presence of our

Man on the Job during this glorious holiday season. Good luck.

We hope all these accusations of BOSE acquisitions are proved false.

Yours truly, the Klipsch Commander of Police.

(Photo of Agent Double BT included)

Billy Bob Thornton Bad Santa sml.jpg

----------------

On 11/24/2003 6:11:38 PM BBB wrote:

To: Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

C/O Klipsch Forum, U.S.A.

From the Office of Klipsch Police.

(snip)

----------------

LOL 9.gif. That was good. And if they do find a Bose product, then what? Will they "confiscate it" and leave Klipsch in its place? 11.gif

Hey, it safe to assume that there will never be a Bose product in this house, unless I somehow ended up with it as a door prize or something. In that case, it'll hit eBay so fast, it'll make your head spin.

I suppose it's too late, but I was going to reccomend one of the Nakamichi Soundspace models. I think the base model, with radio and CD player and a couple inputs, is quite a bit less than the Bose. Very nice sounding unit and quite attractive. Nak made some seriously performing compact units in the 80s and early 90s as well.

• 5 weeks later...

"What do all of you have against bose i bought a pair of bose 701 tower speakers for 400 and they sound excellent glad i bought them very good bass and clarity9.gif "

welcome to the forum....

if you are serious, then you really to listen to some good speakers....

even the bose 701's sound very poor compared to just about anything else....

I talked to a friend of mine that is very well respected nationally in the audio world and he said--------------------------------------------------------------------he thinks Bose has tuned their systems to stimulate the pleasure releasing parts of the body so that while the system sounds like crap to your ear, you leave the room with a good feeling. Sound can be used to cause your bowels to move, and I have also heard that it can be used to cause you to puke your guts out, both military uses. Why can't sound be designed to affect the body in a way that makes you enjoy it some place besides your ear? Why not market it and get rich doing it? Are they? Any other explaination of their sucess?

"What do all of you have against bose i bought a pair of bose 701 tower speakers for 400 and they sound excellent glad i bought them very good bass and clarity"

Nope this person cannot be serious.The booze is making 400lbs women look sexy and B0$e speakers sound good.Yep booze overdose is the culprit here.

skonopa -- I guess it's too late to save someone from Bo$e, but you have to understand that we all have a moral duty to keep unenlightened consumers away from Bo$e. I know that sounds elitist, but I think that the general consensus on this and other forums is that many other companies offer superior product for much less than Bo$e.

I'm afraid I just cannot back off from my anti-Bo$e stance. Two of my friends have the Acou$tima$$ system and I cannot recommend it, especially not at the retail price. Deflecting sound from the cubes simply is not good for either home theater or music. And mid-range is practically non-existent while the low-end bass is like a hollow glove: it's there but has no power behind it (you can blame the "bass module" for that -- remember no subwoofers for Bo$e). Apparently, the cubes are supposed to be full-range -- yeah, right: they cannot even reproduce either hi-, mid-, or low-end frequencies effectively, let alone all of them together.

I have the Quintets as a secondary system -- please, please buy this system over Bo$e: I cannot describe how much better the Quintets are (also, consider Energys if you want a good small system -- but no Bo$e).

Anyways, just another anti-Bo$se rant ... merry Christmas!

I've heard the Tivoli and it's a piece of overpriced crap, one is far better off with a small Japanese boom-box type radio, they sound much better. So does the Bose.

Tivoli's MO is to have something to sell to audiophiles who want a table radio but are too snobby to go with a plastic Sony, Panasonic, JVC or whatever boombox type radio. That's their whole shmear, snob appeal.

----------------

On 12/25/2003 6:28:20 PM TBrennan wrote:

I've heard the Tivoli and it's a piece of overpriced crap, one is far better off with a small Japanese boom-box type radio, they sound much better. So does the Bose.

----------------

I vehemently disagree! I have listened to several of those Japanese boom-box style radios against the Tivoli, and I found the Tivoli to sound much, much better.

Several of the people around my office has those cheap boom-boxes, and they do not sound anywhere near as good as the Tivoli Model Two radio that I have. Not only that, but I do like the looks of the Tivoli much more than the cheapo boom-boxes.

----------------

On 12/25/2003 12:56:20 AM Jabez Scratch wrote:

I have the Quintets as a secondary system -- please, please buy this system over Bo$e: I cannot describe how much better the Quintets are (also, consider Energys if you want a good small system -- but no Bo$e).

----------------

My parents did not get the Life$tyle or Acou$ticrap systems. They just got the Wave radio with CD. If they were considering the Lif$tyle or Acou$ticrap, you can bet your bottom dollar that I would do my best to convice them to get something like the Quintets instead.

BTW, My dad did get the radio (opened it up yesterday evening) and he did enjoy it. If my parents are happy, then I'll just have to bite my tongue and play along.

Now, I am up at my brother's house in PA (which is were I am posting this from). Fun getting to spend X-mas with my brother, his wife and my two nephews.

I hope you have/had a Merry Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate this time of year).

Steven----Ahhh, the looks. Yeah. Tivoli is about looks and a certain status enjoyment, being upscale in appearence. Christ, the sons of *****es have the nerve to charge a hundred for a lousy alarm clark to go with the radio. Oh yeah, the clock comes with a crummy 3" speaker too.

Now if I wanted a cool looking radio I'd look for an old Philco or Zenith or something; it would look cool and have a 6 or 8 inch speaker too so it could sound decent. Of course the people the original KLH was aimed at were people who thought Philco and Zenith and Motorola and such were uncool.

Well, to each his own.

I heard the Wave Radio (another case of relatives buying before asking) and - without preconceptions - I thought it sounded like crap. I was amazed both that they thought it sounded good and at the price they were willing to pay. But I kept my mouth shut. Why spoil another's illusions if you don't have to. 15.gif