The Best Scott Tube amplifiers

Guy Landau

I find them superior to the 8B but not to the model 2's which share their qualities, but are more detailed and quiet. Their sound stage is bigger and wider than the 8B and they have more slam. The sound is so smooth and addictive and once you turn them on, you don't want to stop listening to them.The transformers are HUGE and have a 2 ohm tap (works well with electrostatics) as well as tube regulator and rectifiers. To compare a Scott 299 to them is like comparing a VW to an AMG Mercedes Benz.

These are RARE bests and were sold in single units in the early 50's. They are much more rare as pairs and it took me 3 years to pair my first unit. They are much more rare than the 8B and most other vintage amps, and most vintage collectors never even had a chance to listen to them. I surely think that at this price, They are still a bargain, because they deliver the goods and will blow away almost all other amps, especially at this price range.