Best Klipsch bookshelfs of all time

Jonathan

----------------

On 11/24/2003 3:21:05 PM Frzninvt wrote:

I would recommend the KG-1 or KG-1+ the only real wood bookshelfs that came in a sealed design so that they can actually be placed on a bookshelf, add a small 8" or 10" passive or powered subwoofer and you should be all set. If modern is what you are after my guess at the current "best" offerings in bookshelf speakers to be the RB-75's.
----------------

Please allow me to recommend the Klipsch Cornwall.....the worlds largest "bookshelf". The CW will not get you evicted any faster that a Heresy.

Been there. Two CWs, small complex. Tenants were dancing in the parking lot just before I was evicted.

That was U of AR. 1970....Not New York 2003........

Terry

Thanks for the info thus far. Ill start looking for the Heresy's and the Cornwalls. Dont some of the older speakers have quite vintage looking 'cane' material grills or no? Im not going to try to match any orange shag carpet or anything like that, haha.

thanks

IMHO, the RB-5 on a nice set of correctly placed stands is one of the smoothest sounding bookshelf speakers I've ever heard. I'm using a pair now on my 2 channel set up. Frankly, the bass is just right to my ear,though no hitting the deepest notes it is certainly clean and not boomy. Midrange and treble are smooth and accurate.

Guys: the Heresys do not qualify as "small footprint" speakers, per the original post.