1976 Cornwalls (sob) For Sale

BEC

Well something has to go. Just brought in the 3rd. set of Lascalas and have run out of room.

So here goes the deal. Speak quickly or to ebay they go.

Set of Cornwalls CDBR. 1976 vintage. All drivers correct. K-77 (alnico) rebuilt with new diaphragms perhaps a year ago. K-55V (alnico) mids with metal horn and K-33E woofs. All drivers perfect. SN 9P761 and 9P763. Type B crossovers. Inside they look almost like new. Outside, pretty good but with a few moving scrapes and chips around the bottom edges.

I am in Arkansas (Russellville) so a pick-up from near-by would work well. Thinking of a number around $800

bcrites@cswnet.com

I have bought 7 sets of vintage Klipsch speakers but have never sold any so far. New experience for me and I am not sure I like the feeling.

Bob

These Cornwalls have been out in the back room for close to 6 months and I had honestly forgotten how good they sound. Different from the Lascalas I have gotten so used to and great sounding in their own way. I hooked them up to a little 15 watt Electrovoice Amp today to check them out and they sounded so good that it took me 5 hours to get around to listing them for sale.

3D, what am I missing? Hell, I didnt even KNOW there were Klipschorns in Atlanta... I am losing it fast. Besides, I have all but sold my Moondogs, sadly enough. I cant believe it, but it's getting near a reality. Thought I would never sell them. They're still sitting here but the text has been sent back and forth.

Wholesale changes coming down the road...

I love the Cornwall; I cant sell these beasts before I even put up that webpage I made about the damn things!

kh

And I thought you had some inside scoop on Khorns in Atlanta. Rarely venture out of the 2 Channel forum but will have to look for the Canadian and Moondog loon.

I need to keep my eyes open in the small town papers in this area as that's where you see the Khorns turn up now and then. JBryan was telling me about a pair some freak got for peanuts from the military base area about 2.5 hours from here. One needs to jump on these things when they fall in your lap, just like I did these 77 Cornwalls for $600.

kh

Almost every weekend a pair or 2 of heritage speakers are listed for sale around here, usually fairly cheap. We're far from smalltown America but good deals still come up all the time.

I'm certainly not in the market for any new speakers right now though. Once I get the 411s back from re-coning, I'll discover just how good the altecs can sound. They're supposed to reach 18hz compared to the 35 or so of the K-33-E I'm currently using which actually sound pretty good although a little strong in the higher frequencies. I've found that these speakers really shine at high db levels. They don't even seem to strain at ear-piercing volume. They'd do great outside or in an auditorium.

Busa warned me that I'd tire of the big horns after being accustomed to corns but that hasn't been the case at all. I really enjoy the contrast between the 2 systems.

Sadly, I can only keep ONE pair of Heritage Klipsch for simply one reason: NO ROOM. When I say, no room, I mean it literally. I already can barely fit the ProAcs and second pair of monitors in here. The Cornwalls wouldnt even FIT in my office.

Still not so sure if the Khorn is the right direction for my place but I have been hedging that way for the last few months.

kh

----------------

On 11/26/2003 11:21:51 PM mobile homeless wrote:

Sadly, I can only keep ONE pair of Heritage Klipsch for simply one reason: NO ROOM. When I say, no room, I mean it literally. I already can barely fit the ProAcs and second pair of monitors in here. The Cornwalls wouldnt even FIT in my office.

Still not so sure if the Khorn is the right direction for my place but I have been hedging that way for the last few months.

kh

----------------

kh,

What size room do you have for khorns if you go that direction? Do you have good corners or would you go false?

Hallwalker,

congratulations if Bob has not already sold them. They will be a great Heritage setup! I wanted to jump all over these, but we had a few cash outlays for purchases today and the wheelbarrow is almost empty.

A new 20 ft3 upright freezer, a new dishwasher, and a very old (geologically) diamond necklace for my wife. I know what I'll do, every time she wears the necklace. I can't wait, hoping I have fourty years of taking her to formal society functions - and all the time as I gaze at her in loving fashion, I will be thinking - that should have been the Cornwalls from Arkansas. I could have had the Cornwalls from Arkansas. Those damn Cornwalls...I wonder where Russelville is?13.gif

Guest Anonymous

BOB Cornwalls arrived today safe and sound,lil`cold cause of the trip,took them outta the packaging and going to let them reach room temp till Saturday afternoon...thanks again for the great deal, right now I am over the moon...talk to ya soon Tony