Low Prices on DVD Players

Bill H.

==================================

Ellzey said Wal-Mart officials called later Friday to ask about her sister, and the store apologized and offered to put a DVD player on hold for her.

==================================

Forget that, they should GIVE her one at the VERY LEAST. What a horrible experiance for this poor lady.

m00n, Just wait----I smell the Laywers...........surrounding Wal-Mart..............can you spell Lawsuit?

Honestly though- I really detest the Idea that Merchants have played on the Consumer that they need to go out the day after Thanksgiving and buy,buy,buy..................This consumer practice needs to stop.................. In Chicago at the Wal Mart -their were longer lines then you'd see for TLOTR Movie.....................

I think it's gotten past that actually Bill... I think store rushing the day ofter Thanksgiving has become a tradition now. I almost think it has been a role reversall. Stores know shoppers are going to rush them on Friday, they know it and take advantage of it...

Just my observation anyway. 4.gif1.gif

$29 DVD player??

Where do you suppose that was made?

Could we build one like it here in the states for less than $100??

I doubt it.

If we don't wake up in this country, we're going to be trampling people in bread and toilet paper lines instead of Wal-Mart.

I'll step down from my soapbox now.2.gif

-Jim.

----------------

On 11/29/2003 1:51:01 PM KeesGuy wrote:

I'll step down from my soapbox now.
2.gif

-Jim.

----------------

Why? Why step down? You are dead on. I couldn't agree with you more. I for one and willing to spend a little more for products if it means keeping jobs here in the United States.

Blaming the Merchants is unfair. I have been in store where two shoppers almost got into a fist fist because 1 left the carriage in the main aisle while they looked at products down a narrow side aisle. If I had not seen the entire thing unfold I would have sworn some just tried to kidnap a child and got caught red handed.

To blame walmart is crazy. The people that walked on her should be the ones getting sued. Heck I paid more on tax for my new Pioneer DV59ai player than these people paid for the dvd player. I think I need some freaking help........

But look at other things.

People trampled at aWho concert

Fans killing fans at soccer matches

Hockey Dad killing and other Hockey Dad over a check one of the sons throw on the other son

Figure skaters plot to break the competitions knee

Cheerleaders moms killing another cheerleader so her daughter could be on the squad

Sons killing there parents for the money and their defense was the father raped them.

The thing that happened at WalMart just another thing for the records and Jerry Springer.

Thank you Internet where I do not have to deal with these nuts at the shopping mall.

You are right that it wasn't Wal-Marts fault. Just would have been a nice gesture, and the cost for them would be minimal.

However, Wal-Mart has some of the worst labor practices in this country, but that is another whole story.

Marvel

Everyone,

I may have geared this towards Wal-Mart , but should have stated that ALL the Merchants are guilty of this practice. As m00n stated so correctly, its turned around to the point that Consumers Expect this now...................we are trained justed like Pavlovs dog .....to react to sales, ..........