The Ultimate?

naitman

Guest Anonymous

I almost bought sonus's top of the line from tweeter when I got rid of my Martin Logans, but for my ears the KLIPSCH CORNWALLS blow them away!!!!

SO go BUY your SONUS and GO to THEIR web SITE!!!!

MyEars not yours!!!!11.gif

----------------

On 12/1/2003 4:12:49 PM m00n wrote:

Never heard of them. Went to their website. Do they sound as good as they look? They are good looking speakers thats for sure.

----------------

I've listened to the Sonus-Faber at the local dealer, and I'll admit, they are some good sounding speakers. They are also well built speakers with georgeous wood and leather finishes. They are pretty laid back in sound, but nicely detailed. They also image very nicely. They really do sound awesome with Jazz and Classical pieces, although I'd liked to have tried them with hard rock/metal, but did not have a CD with me with that kind of music on it at the time. I tried them, along with the Vienna's and Martin Logans. In the end, I found I liked the more agressive, more "alive" sound of the Klipsch.

To the originial poster - if you think the Sonus Faber are the Ultimate and you are in love with them, then by all means, you found your speaker. Nothing wrong with that. If you do end up getting a pair, I'd be interesed in which model you get and how they sound in your environment.

Also, lets try to keep this civil. I don't want a repeat of that nightmare we had back in the springtime with that one dude and his Paradigms.

----------------

On 12/1/2003 4:45:17 PM smilin wrote:

I almost bought sonus's top of the line from tweeter when I got rid of my Martin Logans, but for my ears the KLIPSCH CORNWALLS blow them away!!!!

SO go BUY your SONUS and GO to THEIR web SITE!!!!

MyEars not yours!!!!
11.gif

----------------

What are you currently driving your CW's with Smilin? I like you am waiting patiently for my Scott 299D. It wil be my first tubing experience.

Guest Anonymous

Pirana,

I'm driving the cornwalls with the B&K 507AVR 150 wpc X 7, 7 seperate amps in reciever, sounds great on sacd, dvd-a, and the BOMB on HT, Especially with the badboy sub(WAF BAD)

but I paid for the scott 233, 299d, and 272, today and all will be shipped by thursday!!!

Also I am really looking forward to hearing the cornwall's with the metal horns11.gif

Smilin9.gif

----------------

On 12/2/2003 11:52:48 PM smilin wrote:

Pirana,

I'm driving the cornwalls with the B&K 507AVR 150 wpc X 7, 7 seperate amps in reciever, sounds great on sacd, dvd-a, and the BOMB on HT, Especially with the badboy sub(WAF BAD)

but I paid for the scott 233, 299d, and 272, today and all will be shipped by thursday!!!

Also I am really looking forward to hearing the cornwall's with the metal horns
11.gif

Smilin
9.gif

----------------

The B&K 507AVR as I understand is a top of the line 7:1 HT receiver. Does B&K have a comparable 5:1 receiver? I don't have the room for 7:1. I am also curious to know the difference in sound between the B&K and 2 Channel tubes you bought. Keep me posted.

----------------

On 12/2/2003 11:52:48 PM smilin wrote:

Pirana,

Also I am really looking forward to hearing the cornwall's with the metal horns
11.gif

Smilin
9.gif

----------------

$3.5-4K for a B&K 507AVR is also way out of my budget for HT. Although I can always dream.

Guest Anonymous

Piranha,

I will post in january after Craig brings the scotts and HK over along with the new cornwall, Photo's will be taken and posted, and between now and then, I don't now what other damage I will do 3.gif2.gif I just know i'm gonna make a few more changes, additions or subtractions or both. It's just soooo complicated, BTW I will be meeting with the manager of tweeter this week at my house and will find out about the B&K products, prices ect..email me with the info you would like. I also get great deals from him!!!16.gif

Smilin

Guest Anonymous

Piranha,

I paid 2000 for mine as a floor sample, than had it replaced with new in box HEH HEH11.gif If this is more in your range let me know!!!also get 5 year warrantee

Smilin6.gif

----------------

On 12/3/2003 12:27:46 AM smilin wrote:

Piranha,

I paid 2000 for mine as a floor sample, than had it replaced with new in box HEH HEH
11.gif
If this is more in your range let me know!!!also get 5 year warrantee

Smilin
6.gif

----------------

It's in my range. But I don't know if it's in my wife's range if you know what I mean? She keeps talking about going to Maui in March or April. She has a lot of nerve.

----------------

On 12/3/2003 12:27:46 AM smilin wrote:

Piranha,

I paid 2000 for mine as a floor sample, than had it replaced with new in box HEH HEH
11.gif
If this is more in your range let me know!!!also get 5 year warrantee

Smilin
6.gif

----------------

Hey Smilin,

How is the receiver for playing just music? I am guessing not too good since you bought three two channel amps in a week. lol