Dirty LP question

fini

Not talking bawdy lyrics, but physical dirt and dust in the grooves. Does playing an uncleaned disc harm the disc, the stylus or both? I'm not talking about the obvious surface spoodge (sp?), but the deeper crud. I seem to recall some myth about the stylus cleaning (plowing-out?) the groove. They (you know, those guys) ought to make some sort of cleaning stulus, with a micro-mini-vac attached. Either that, or they (those same guys) ought to make a home version of the machine they used on Raquel Welch in "Fantastic Voyage," so I could shrink down to do the job myself with the old Sears Shop-Vac, and a beaver pelt broom.

Great. Now I'm thinking about Raquel Welch and beaver pelts. What's new...

fini

Raquel Welch, wow!!!

And her daughter is beeaaauuutiful as well.

Thinking of them gets my turntable up to 95 rpm, and I don't even own one.

Your handwriting would be less shaky if you just quit hitting your fingers with the hammer, Fini2.gif

Colleen decided to disassemble and paint the Black Forest walnut fugly cabinets in the kitchen while I was gone, and then decided it was too much work and stopped to let me do it. 9.gif If I didn't have the system set up at the new house, after 18 hours and much grief rehanging everything yesterday, the only Klipsch I would be seeing would be in the prison magazines.

----------------

On 12/2/2003 4:09:56 PM sheltie dave wrote:

Raquel Welch, wow!!!

And her daughter is beeaaauuutiful as well.

Thinking of them gets my turntable up to 95 rpm, and I don't even own one.

Your handwriting would be less shaky if you just quit hitting your fingers with the hammer, Fini
2.gif

Colleen decided to disassemble and paint the Black Forest walnut fugly cabinets in the kitchen while I was gone, and then decided it was too much work and stopped to let me do it.
9.gif
If I didn't have the system set up at the new house, after 18 hours and much grief rehanging everything yesterday, the only Klipsch I would be seeing would be in the prison magazines.

----------------

They have klipsch in prison magazines? No wonder their marketing efforts are failing miserably!

To hell with the vinyl, what about your new and groovy signature?

kh

ps- Linn's Ivor Tiefenbrun was one of the first that stated the he DIDNT believe in using brushes etc to clean records as most of the devices tended to push dirt and refuse DEEPER into the grooves. He believed in using the stylus to clean the records. To hell with Ivor. Go with the shop vac!

They are working on a record cleaning fluid that contains special genetically altered bacteria that will digest the crud in the grooves and enhance the sound and protect the LPs in the future. I tried to make up some of this stuff with ingredients here on the ranch, but it turned out raunchy. Guess I'll have to wait for the real deal.

C&S

I might be seriously loosing touch with reality.