PS2 or XBox?

snk178

Hi everyone, I have been a PC gamer for 7 years now, and I dont plan on leaving the market soon. However, I am recently finishing up my basement and have decided to turn it into my own personal game/movie watching/hangout place (Im 18, and stay at home while attending college). While i love PC games, I am considering buying a PS2 or Xbox now that the prices have gone down, and because they have some very interesting games that are not on the PC. I do not know which one to get though, your suggestions/opinions would be helpful. Thanks!

I could be mistaken but it seems as though I heard recently that XBOX was console game of the year recently. I have an XBox and really like it. Never owned any other console before. I am an old PC gamer myself. Nothing can replace the mouse and keyboard.

I have a PS2 and really enjoy it. I think that each system has its pros and cons, just like everything else. The PS2 has quite a few more games-just go to Best Buy and you can see for yourself. Generally the graphics for the XBox are slightly better, although that really does depend upon the game. In my opinion, online gaming is where the future is going to be. In this realm, PS2 takes the top spot hands down. Both SOCOM and SOCOM II have been the highest selling online games ever. The difference here is that XBox live charges $50 or $60 per year to play-not much for us working stiffs, but for a college student it may be a consideration. PS2 does not charge for online gaming.

The XBox has a hard drive, which is quite nice. The PS2 hard drive will be introduced in March. It will run around $100 or so I think. The nice part about the hard drive coupled with online gaming is the ability to download upgraded scenarios for the game. For example, in SOCOM II, there are a number of "maps" that you plan. As we move forward, Zipper will be able to generate improvements to existing maps and/or totally new maps to play on.

Cost for each system and games is quite comparable, although the PS2 will be pricier if and when you purchase the hard drive.

I would figure out what type of games you like to play and choose the sytem that has the best games in that category. Since SOCOM came out it's the only game I've played. It's pretty cool to be able to play the game and talk to teamates over the mic both during the game and when your dead. For me, that has been the best part-the guys I play with are scattered all over the country and are now friends of mine.

David

having 2 Xboxes I am somewhat partial to them. The xbox graphics are a clear winner especialy on larger screens and the games that support 16:9. The game makers for XBOX are finally warming to surround sound. The Bass in some of these game is great.

xBox does charge for their online service roughtly $5 a month or $60 a year. always makes a great stocking stuffer. now that they have come out with subscription cards it is even better.

Regarding on line gaming the games are very good and MS servers seem to have really increased in their performance. they do not support dial up as does playstation.

The Xbox supports High Def and with the AV pack can support DTS and DD surround.

types of audio video interconnects

Standard AV composite video and stereo sound

Advanced AV s-video and stereo

Hi def AV component video, stereo sound and optical for DTS and DD. supports 480p 480i 720p and 1080i.

My son has had a couple of xbox parties and they always end up on the home theater on my xbox.

Playstation has a lot of games. With that if you take a close look at some of the games you might find they are games you will never consider. I am not too familiar with the hookup accessories for the playstation.

Gamecube has some very good games as well. Gamecube has a great focus on kids.

All 3 are grat systems but it depends on what games you want to play.

Scott

For game selection the Sony PS2(you can play countless PS games too!)

For best graphics and best quality games the Xbox,not the PS and PS2 dont have great games,they have.

Each console has its star titles,I would go Xbox.

Well I have all the consoles since the Sega Genesis! LOL and played maybe 1 hour in two years on these 5.gif