Best HT Amplifier match for Heresy's

milton10

I am currently running my HT with a 60 wpc Yamaha unit that sounds nice, but sometimes is a bit grainy on the highs. I have seen plenty of opinions for the best amp match from the 2 channel croud, but I would like to get opinions on what HT amp is the best match for the Heresys used as a HT setup.

I would also like to know which HT amps will provide the best performance as a 2 channel setups as well (I don't have the resources for a standalone 2 channel system.

I have heard that Denon, H/K and Outlaw makes some nice, mellow sounding amps. Any "real life" experiences that can be shared?

Thanks!

Milton

alot depends on your budget, and what you really expect to hear, those heresies are really good speakers, and deserve great amplification, quantity is not really an issue, unless you take headroom into consideration, but there are so many good makes and models, ss and tube, alot of the sound will depend on budget, my yammy mini amp sounds really good with my sons rf 3's so my guess is the problem is with the individual amp12.gif

----------------

On 12/6/2003 10:19:01 PM milton10 wrote:

I am currently running my HT with a 60 wpc Yamaha unit that sounds nice, but sometimes is a bit grainy on the highs. I have seen plenty of opinions for the best amp match from the 2 channel croud, but I would like to get opinions on what HT amp is the best match for the Heresys used as a HT setup.

I would also like to know which HT amps will provide the best performance as a 2 channel setups as well (I don't have the resources for a standalone 2 channel system.

I have heard that Denon, H/K and Outlaw makes some nice, mellow sounding amps. Any "real life" experiences that can be shared?

Thanks!

Milton

----------------

Without regard to budget restraints, I have heard that the B&K AVR-507 is both a fantastic 7:1 and Two Channel receiver. It is highly recommended by numerous Forum Members

I've been using the AVM-20 with the PVA series amp (MCA's little brother) for the last year and will agree that it's a great combination. Easily worth the price over an integrated Denon to me.

Are you planning to use the Yammy as the pre-amp and run outboard amps from it? I wasn't really sure from your initial post. Maybe I missed it.

Anyway, if the Yammy has line level outs you should be able to run it to a separate amp.

If you are interested in getting into separates that way, I am planning to sell my PVA-5 in the next couple of weeks. Probably ask $750 for it (125w/c).

It would be a cheap way to get started. Or, watch audiogon for Rotels. They go relatively cheap too.

The Anthem MCA's or a Shurborn (sp) go for about twice that used but they'd be great amps.