found interesting site - home made center

mbajner

• 2 weeks later...

They just happened to be sitting around.

I was about to build a box for each of my daughters cars. I found them on sale at Circuit City, 2 for $129.

When we gutted the Heresy for parts for the center, my friend was joking around about putting the driver in the heresy. It just worked too good...... really suprised us both.

I have been looking getting into a better sub. I have a link for a pair of Phoenix Gold 15" drivers real cheap. I may be building a new sub soon. This time, I will be getting help so it will be done right.

I am using 2-Klipsch KV1089 10" woofers, same ones used in the RF7's. A T35 horn tweeter with the round Alnico magnet (aka K77), and a K52 midrange horn with the 90°x60° Tractrix® Horn out of a KLF30. The crossover is a 3-way, 2nd order (12dB) crossover with a 3 octave spread between crossover points. Metallized polypropylene capacitors are used in critical midrange and tweeter signal paths. 18 gauge inductors are used to keep DC resistance to a minimum. crossover points are 700/5600. The cabinet is 42"w x 13,5"h x 15"d. Also has 2 4" ports in the rear. Cabinet is made out of 3/4" oak plywood with complete internal bracing and wired with 12 gauge monster cable.

Scooter