SVS dual subs?

Canin2323

Daisy chaining is when you run an input to one device, then that device has an appropriate output you run to the next device.

But bottom line is whether you are using one of their powered models or one of the passive models with a pro amp you'll need to run a cable to each sub (well unless your seperate amp can handling being bridged into 2 ohms).

On the seperate amps you have to run an input for each channel. And on the powered models, there is no output appropriate for daisy chaining, the only ouputs have been high passed.

However, if you have a long run to make, there is nothing saying you can't put the Y adapter just before you make it to the subs.

See if I am understanding what you might be asking.

I think what it is trying to depict is the receiver has 1 sub out and the y cble is used to split the signal to supply an input to each channel of the amp.

If your receiver has more than one sub out then a Y splitter would not be required.

Was that what you were looking for?

scott

----------------

On 12/9/2003 10:59:41 PM Canin2323 wrote:

I was looking at the manual and it had a diagram that had dual SVS subs that were connected to the samson. in the diagram it used two 1/4 to Rca and a y-adapter. Couldn't u just use one cable from the amp to the reciever?(BTW is this called daisy chaining?)

----------------

Sure you could use just one cable, just use any input 1 or 2 on the Samson amp and set the switch on the back to parallel.

That's what I am doing, I actually use a y-splitter off the receiver for my other sub, I have dual CS's and a PC+. One cable goes from the y-splitter to the Samson S1000 amp input on the channel #1, amp set to parallel. The other cable from the y-splitter goes to the PC+. Here's a pic, just barely shows the y-splitter, but you can see at the bottom the BetterCables going in the Samson....

plugsback2.jpg

plugsback.jpg

Hope that helps 9.gif

----------------

On 12/11/2003 8:53:38 PM Canin2323 wrote:

So all i have to do is plug in both subs into the Samson and switch it to bridged and have ONE 1/4 to RCA go the amp?

----------------

Yes, but you MUST run the subs wired in series (ie: 4ohm --- 4ohm = 8ohm load) and not in parallel (ie: 4ohm === 4ohm = 2ohms) as the Samson won't drive a load below 8ohms mono without overheating.

Rob