Know of any good ambient tunes to get?

smm5786

I am not sure of that one. But a long time a go me and my friends would veg to tangerine dream. I really can't tell you what they sounded like. I don't remember sort of like the rain forest and storms at times mayby. Anyhow one time my friend comes over and he says i got this cd i want you to check out but don't laugh. So i was like ok let me see it i'll play it. I'm pretty opened minded to music and sounds. He had this cd of all Danny Elfman soundtracks like edward sissor hands, pee wees big adventure, beatlejuice, and so on. And through the surround system i had then it was pretty cool. This was before i had a computer and i said let me have that cd. He ended up giving it to me so that was cool of him. You should burn some and see how it sounds through your system. It's not for everyone. I do remember tangerine dream being a good ambient sound.

All albums to buy:

The Orb-Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld

The Orb-UFOrb

Global Communication-76:14

A Positive Life-Synaesthetic

Tangerine Dream-Phaedra

Tangerine Dream-Rubycon

Irresistible Force-Flying High

Irresistible Force-Global Chillage

Brian Eno-Music for Airports

Lustmord/Robert Rich-Stalker

Lustmord-The Place Where The Black Stars Hang

Steve Roach/Vir Unis-Body Electric

Steve Roach-The Magnificent Void

Pete Namlook-Air I & II

Pete Namlook/Richie Hawtin-From Within

These 2 are on the Hearts of Space sublabel called Fathom. Lustmord and Robert Rich - Stalker & Steve Roach - The Magnificent Void. Fathom releases the "dark" ambient releases through HOS. I have tons more on the HOS label.

I forgot to recommend one of my favorite artists Michael Stearns who has many HOS releases. One great one of his to show off your system is titled The Lost World. Sorcerer and The Storm are also excellent scary/darl ambient Stearns albums.

Yeah I have lots of Tanagerine Dream. Someone else that is really good is David Arkenstone. He is NOT spacy sounding but rather some of his stuff is celtic some is jungle safari sounding, some has an Egyptian Sahara desert sound... Really good stuff.