matching center and rear for 3.5

dutch500

Welcome Dutch!

I think that the SC-1 is today's equivalent, but the KV-2 & KV-3 were the centers that were made to match the 3.5's (if memory serves that is). As for rear, I am afraid I will not be of much help. If you are interested in a KV-2 or 3, check out e-bay, they pop up there periodically. Hope that helps.cwm16.gif

------------------

RF-3's : mains

RC-3 : center

RS-3's : surrounds

KSW-12: subwoofer

Receiver: Denon 2801

DVD: Panasonic DVD-A120

CD: Yamaha CDC-765

Cables: Tributaries

Sat Receiver: Hughes Direct-TV DD5.1

Guest polymon

The SC-1 will work well as a center for KG 3.5. Jeff is correct in stating the KV-2/3 were made as matching centers, they've been out of production for years. You can see (or at least read)about them in the archives on this website.

Depending on room size, you can use SS.5 (small room) or SS-1 (medium room) and although they aren't a "perfect match", they will perform admirably as surrounds.

Enjoy...

------------------

Polymon

I know Sound Advice ran a special recently on the 3.5's. They are again selling the KSF 8.5's (buy one @ $299 & get one free). So you could also trade them in for the KSF's which match well with the SC-1/SS-5's.

That is if you bought from SA. Man what a great hobby.

quote:

Originally posted by polymon:

Jeff is correct in stating the KV-2/3 were made as matching centers, they've been out of production for years.

I concurr with both polymon and jeff, but the fact that they have been out of production for years doesn't really make them that hard to get! As long as you are a little patient, you can get a KV2/3 via eBay -- often for a good price. I've purchased all my Klipsch speakers using eBay (but you do have to be cautious).

• 1 month later...

The products section lists the KG2.5V as the match for the KG3.5.

I also have 3.5s and need a center channel. Should I hold out for a 3.5V or buy a new model? The KSC-C1s are readily available also, so I've been considering them. Would they be a good compliment?

I'm confused. Confused.gif

go to www.ubid.com they have yje ksc-c1 for 100.00 all day. I bought on to match my 3.5 and love it. I have a set of quintest that are white I will sell you for 100.00. let me know. email chad.a.robbins@mail.sprint.com

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: KSB 3.1

CENTER: KSC-C1

REAR: WHITE QUINTETS

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

FOR SALE PINANNCLE WIDESCREEN CTR (105.00)

quote:

Originally posted by dutch500:

I am just starting to set up my first surround system. I have 3.5's for my floor speaker. Can anyone give suggestions about matching rear and center speakers to compliment this setup. Will the SC-1 work as a center?

Thanks

I just setup my mom's HT with Klipsch from uBid.

You will get better deals on these particular speakers from uBid, not eBay (people are actually buying from ubid and turning right around and selling them on eBay because they can make a profit!)

Also, you get new, boxed speakers, not used, and since the auction site sells them out of their own warehouse, you don't have to worry about dealing with Joe Blow from East Nowhere.

I got her the KSC-C1 and the KG 3.5's from uBid. The

KSC-C1 sounds great in this setup. It is basically the same thing as the SC-1 and the KV's.

Enjoy! And don't forget a subwoofer!

(The KSW-10 is kicking major booty in my mom's setup!)

------------------

Front: dbx Soundfield V - 15" woofer, 8" mid, ribbon tweet, 3.25" mid & dome tweet on top

Center: KLF C7

Rear Surround: Polk f/x bipole/dipole

Amp: Yamaha RX-V990 100x3; 25x2

DVD: Yamaha DVD S795 (built-in DD Processor)

CD: Yamaha CDC 575 5-Disc

VCR: Toshiba M752 6-head

TV: Mitsubishi 40" Tube

DirecTV

Sony Playstation w/ s-vid & RCA to V990 for awesome gaming picture & sound!