k,s for sale

jazzmansound

I have to agree with Dean above. I am under the impression that new K-horns are over $7000. Is that not correct? I bought mine in 98 for $4200 after beating every Klipsch dealer in the Southeast to death. Finally found a stereo shop which had just taken on the Klipsch line and he wanted to sell a pair of KH's his first week. Seems to me that a beautiful set such as these should be $3k at the very least. I wouldn't sell mine for $6k.

I've watched several k Horn auctions on ebay, seen the ads here, read the stories, my memory is that the bargain buys posted on this site were around S1200-$2000 local depending on condition. The ebay auctions seem to close around $2200 with exotic woods like Rosewood going in the 3k range

pre 80's or so in really mint Condition seem to be a premium, too.

of course prices vary from sale to sale and my coments are from memory over about a year. A local top condition sub $2500 sale gets my attention. since I live in Dallas these don't seem to be a temptation due to shipping--I'm also not sure more speakers is the improvement I want. Electronics seem to be the next upgrade--unless I went to a different type of speaker like modern ribbon hybrids.