eBay speaker ghoul humor

HDBRbuilder

If you want to see how a speaker ghoul guts out a couple pairs of Heresys so that he can get enough bucks to buy a pair of K-horns, have a look at the "buy it now" asking prices for Heresy guts parts from eBay seller named "mastertech777"

This guy has about as much chance of getting his "buy it now" asking prices for this stuff as I have of becoming a billionaire by daybreak!! 9.gif

God this makes me wanna throw up!!!! Here is the link. Just Scroll down to where the Fool lists his seperate auctions............grrr..............

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=klipsch+Heresy&catref=C3&ht=1&sosortproperty=1&from=R10&sacategory=14993&BasicSearch=

HDBR, its good to see you posting again...............you doing OK?

I saw those prices and had quite a laugh.

I've got parts for a pair of Cornwalls (only one K33 though) and only want a total of $400. (these will come from the pair of Cornwalls I bought from Cornwalled this time last year) just don't want to go thru the process of Ebaying them though. Parts are great but the black birch cabinets have seen better days...

I think that these are a steal though:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3064974808&category=14993

Not!!!

I thought that I'd seen it all but auctioning off the terminal strip?!, HA! It should of went with the Type E crossover...

A new K52K midrange driver from Klipsch is only $62, Klipsch # 160708

A new K701 midrange horn from Klipsch is only $30, Klipsch # 130024

A new K75K tweeter driver from Klipsch is only $60, Klipsch # 129010

A new Heresy II network from Klipsch is only $28, Klipsch # 116030 (the E2 for the K77 is also available for the same price, Klipsch # 116014)

An Eminence Delta-12LF is a drop-in for the K22E, it has the identical bass response and efficency. Because this driver has the same sized magnet as what is on the Klipschorn woofer, it can have a much longer coil than what is on a normal Heresy woofer. The end result being it can play about 6dB louder in the bass without distortion. At $79, about $20 LESS than a Klipsch woofer, available from Parts Express (or any Eminence distributor).