Logo Placement

Jon Anderson

Can't tell you where they "should" go but perhaps I can give you a reason why you see them in different places. I recently bought a pair of 1967 Lascalas from their original owner. Neither of them had a logo installed. When I got them home and looked them over one of them had an envelop inside the back. Inside the envelope was a new (never installed) pie slice logo with 2 new nails. I guess the other envelope was lost at some time during a move since it was not in the other speaker. Looks like at least at that time Klipsch left installation of the logo to the owner.

Bob

When klipsch used the pie shaped logos, they were plastic. As opposed to the brass logo being originally real brass.

I think it made more sense in the packing to send them separate to avoid them getting crushed or pushed into the cloth. This is my understanding why they were sent differently too.

Maybe Klipsch left the installation of the pie-slice logos up to the owners at first, and then installed them in later productions. When I owned my Magnepans, the metal "Magneplanar" logos came in a tiny ziplock bag for the user to install (I left them off).