Fisher 400 for sale

joshnich

Hello all,

In the tradition of offering items for sale here first. I have a perfect fisher 400 for sale. It includes the walnut case (in perfect condition) as well as copies of the service manual and owners manual. This receiver is a perfect example of the great Fisher tube equipment (even if it does look like a radio to quote Craig!) I happen to have two of these so I am selling one much to my chagrin. The chassis is spectacular no pitting no rust its dead on perfect. This unit has been gone through and the caps have been replaced and upgraded with the basic Vacuum tube Valley rebuild kit. I am asking 500 bucks. again including the case. Let me know as Ill put it on eBay in a week or so. As soon as my cameras battery recharges Ill take a few shots and post em. And also let you know what the tube set is.

Thanks

josh

Yes it does. Not only does it have a very fine phono stage, it is also a great reciever, with a radio shack antinae it picks up more stations and hold em than just about any tuner I have tried. If you want you can try it and if you dont like it return it and all you are out is shipping. It really is a fine unit . Ill post pics tomoorow,

Josh

----------------

On 12/21/2003 11:30:09 PM joshnich wrote:

Yes it does. Not only does it have a very fine phono stage, it is also a great reciever, with a radio shack antinae it picks up more stations and hold em than just about any tuner I have tried. If you want you can try it and if you dont like it return it and all you are out is shipping. It really is a fine unit . Ill post pics tomoorow,

Josh

----------------

So what all has been done to it? Please make a detailed list of what has been replaced, and what tubes it has and if it is fully biased and tuned to perfection. How would this unit compare sound quality wise to a Scott 299-c?

Thanks1.gif

----------------

On 12/22/2003 12:05:27 AM Georg Friedrich Handel wrote:

----------------

On 12/21/2003 11:51:08 PM 3dzapper wrote:

George ask garymd he has a Scott 299 and has been auditioning a Fisher for about a week.

Rick

----------------

Thanks, I sure will.

----------------

As I told George in an email, they are both excellent sounding units. My 299b has a slight edge in sound which I attribute to Craigs rebuild vs the rebuild I got elsewhere with the fisher. Also, the scott has a tad more headroom (not much though). With the fisher, you do get a tuner also which is a plus. The scott has a center channel, not sure of the fisher. Comes in handy if you want to add a sub to the mix.

Both are great and if Craig has rebuilt one and not the other, I'd go with the Craig rebuild. He uses the best parts available. Also, compare the tubes.

As far as coolness goes, I give the edge to fisher. They have a few more bells & whistles and seem to be worth a little more on the used market.

You can't go wrong with either but I'd look into the factors mentioned above.

Good luck.

Here is a photo of the Unit. The tubes in the front end as well as the Multiplex are all telefunken 12ax7s either branded as such or as Fishers made in West Germany. The outputs are Fisher made in US - I dont know who made the Fisher tubes in the US. The unit is perfect in every way and the only reason I am selling is because I hve two of these. And having just aquired a MC225 I am bit oversocked at the moment!

Any questions let me know.

post-12293-13819250793058_thumb.jpg