Dean ,,,,,,,,what a difference!

Kek

Dean, I arrived home about 6:45 tonight after leaving your house. Rained most of the time during the 2+ hour drive back home. There were a few times that I had to open the window to revive myself, but the trip was well worth it.

The first thing I wanted to do when I walked into the door was to hook the Cary up, BUT I knew that I should spend some time with my better half.While we were talking the whole time I was wondering what tubes I should start off with, and I decided to try the 50's NOS RCA gtb's. Fired the 98 up and let the tubes warm, cued up the cd........WOW does this thing sound great. What a great improvement over the Rogue Magnum 99; it brings back that tube signature to the music that the Rogue was lacking. Early comparisions I might say that the Rogue has better sound staging, but the sound was dry as I mentioned before, and the Cary brings it to life.

Thanks for everything and have a merry xmas, Kris

What isn't Dean selling?

Hope he doesn't get any crazy notions to sell his new Klipschorns off once he gets 'em! I'm surprised he still has his RF-7s...LOL!9.gif

Damn, I thought I was bad selling off my gear (losing my job and selling everything I practically owned is a different story, though...15.gif).

Kek,

With Dean's influence on you, I expect we'll see Mrs. Kek posting before the new year.

If I came in and set up a new amp BEFORE visiting with my wife.... well I don't know what would happen.

Communications tip: In case you're unsure, you can always check it out and ask... Honey, is this one of those times you want me to JUST LISTEN and MAKE NO SUGGESTIONS???9.gif

----------------

On 12/24/2003 1:08:51 AM Johnny dB wrote:

----------------

On 12/24/2003 12:54:38 AM NOSValves wrote:

I'm just glad I'm not his wife or kids sooner or later they will be on the block LOL !!

----------------

Whaaaaaat!!!!! I thought you guys were married as much as you two bicker at each other.

----------------

Very funny -